chapter ninety-eight

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭; 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞 𝐇𝐨𝐠𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬
𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬; 𝐍𝐨𝐧𝐞

Y/n sat in the great hall with her friends, today was a sad day, a very sad day. They were all graduating, the ceremony had already passed. And all the seventh years were having their final meals, and would soon take the boats back across the lake. She was in shock, stunned at this point. She wasn't ready to leave, she just wanted to stay at Hogwarts.

But Y/n had a responsibility, so did everyone else who had joined the order had a responsibility. They had to help take down Voldemort, so that the children, whether they be their own or others, could have a normal life. Y/n looked to the head table, and saw Dumbledore standing up. It was time for his speech, the end of year ome, probably the most emotional one.

Dumbledore cleared his throat, as he stopped in front of his owl podium. The hall that had once been filled with quite chatter, haf fallen completely silent. Dumbledore stayed silent for a bit, his eyes scanning the hall calmly.

"For many of you, this will be your last year at Hogwarts. The last time you walk these halls, and the last time you will sit at your designated tables." Dumbledore spoke, "And you will now be entering a very dangerous world, where you will most likely have to fight."

"Way to put it lightly." Sirius mumbled, his elbow on the table and jaw in the palm of his hand.

Elliott looked over at his boyfriend, and began rubbing his back, a small sympathetic smile on his face "Awe, Siri, it's okay." He said.

"I wanna burst into tears." James said dramatically, "I might actually just do that." He said covering his face.

"I kinda want James to cry, last time I saw him cry was when we were four." Y/n said with a grin, though her heart felt heavy and sad.

"What did you do?" Peter asked.

"Shhhhhh, save it for the train." Lily hissed, glaring over at them for a split second.

Y/n sighed, and looked back to Dumbledore 'I hate this.' She thought. Her heart felt so heavy, she wasn't ready to leave this magical place. She loved Hogwarts too much, and just wanted to stay there forever.

"Now, I advise a warning for those who will be leaving and not returning in the next year." Said the old headmaster, "That when you leave this place, you must take reminder of all the things our staff here has taught you. Because I am sure you will use these in our world now. Whether it be every day, or for defense." Dumbledore continued. "I also trust that as you leave, each of you will each make wise choices on the people you trust. Because this war, this war is inevitable." He said.

There was a long, and very heavy silence. Dumbledore was letting the information sink in. It felt beyond awkward, and Y/n wished he would move on to what he was going to say.

Finally he spoke"Now, on a happier note. Dig in!" Said Dumbledore happily.

Sirius scoffed "Happier note?" He asked, as mounds and mounds of food appeared "Not even close."

Everyone around the hall, and at each table began to dig in. Elliott had begun placing normal amounts of food on his plate, while pretty much all the seventh years were piling up their food.