chapter fifty-five

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐭 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞; 𝐁𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬; 𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐞

𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬; 𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐞

Hogwarts was buzzing with excitement. The ball was in a week, and Y/n and the girls still didn't have dresses yet. It was already establish that Y/n was going with Elliott, who continued to tell her this was the perfect opportunity to get Remus back. Alice was of course going with Frank, who asked her in the cutest way possible. It was almost like a minnie proposal.

flashback

Y/n, Alice, Lily, Marlene, and Elliot walked out of class chatting. Behind them walked James, and the rest of the boys. They were eagerly whispering about something. Well James, Sirius, and Peter were whispering, Remus was silent.

"Oh I'm so excited for the ball." Marlene beamed, smiling happily.

Y/n chuckled "Alice, everyone is excited for the ball." She said.

"Dorcas has already asked me." Marlene said happily, as she moved some of her blonde hair from her face.

"You guys are becoming more public about your relationship?" Alice asked.

Marlene nodded "Both me and Cas decided it was a good time to do so." She said.

"That's amazing." Elliott said, clapping happily.

"I'm still waiting on your dork of a brother to ask me." Lily said, looking over at Y/n with a smile.

Y/n snorted "Well we all know Jamie has something huge planed to ask you, probably involving fireworks and shit." She said.

"Maybe I should've waited to ask you than." Elliott joked, "Do something big." He said.

Y/n groaned "I would've killed you if you did so." She said, "I'm not one for like....how do I say this?" She mumbled.

"You don't like a lot of attention on you, when someone asks you a question?" Lily asked, laughing slightly.

"Exactly!" Y/n said pointing at her friend, "Puts too much unnecessary pressure on me." 

The girls and Elliott burst into laughter, and Y/n soon joined in. Suddenly a voice shouted "Alice!"

The group looked behind them, and past the Marauders who stepped aside. They watched as Frank Longbottom ran up to them, one hand oddly behind his back. Y/n stepped aside, and so did the other girls and Elliott. Alice stood there a little stunned, as Frank stopped in front of her.