chapter twenty-three

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞; 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐊𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬;𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐞

𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬;𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐞

At 11:30 is at night. Y/n, Lily, Alice, and Marlene where upstairs getting ready. Music was already blasting downstairs, and loud voices could he heard. Lily and Alice where finishing up their makeup, while Y/n and Marlene had finished their makeup and were getting their dresses on.

Y/n slipped on her black dress, and groaned "Hey, Marlene. Could you zip me up?" She asked.

"Of course wifey." Marlene said, as she walked over zipping up Y/n's dress.

Y/n walked over to the body mirror and smiled. Her hair was curled at the ends, and she looked stunning. The black dress, with the V shapped opening that stopped a little above her knees hugged her body perfectly. It showed of every perfect curve, and her beautiful hourglass figure. She felt hot, and she was.

She did a little spin, and got a glimpse of the back. The long back stopped just above her ankles, and she had on a pair of lace up heels that went a little up her calf.

"Holy crap Y/n!" Alice gasped, as her and Lily entered the bedroom from the bathroom.

Y/n looked over at her two friends "What do ya think?" She asked.

"You look hot!" Lily gasped smiling.

"Remus might just faint at the sight of you." Marlene said, snickering.

Y/n glared at her "Do you want to die?" She asked.

Alice giggled "Awe come on Y/n." She said, "She's just joking."

Y/n then started mumbling incoherent words under her breath, "I'm going downstairs, it'll hit new years soon." She said.

"You're no fun!" Marlene cried out as Y/n left.

Y/n walked downstairs, and as soon as she did. The smell of firewhiskey, mixed with the normal smell of the common room hit her nose. Her eyes danced around the common room, almost everyone was dancing to music. Some people where just watching, and the included Remus Lupin. Y/n's eyes landed on Remus, and she smiled.

He stood near the exit of the common room, leaned against a wall. He had a half empty glass, of what Y/n could only assume to be firewhiskey in his hands. Y/n walked fully down the stairs, and started making her way towards her friend. But someone calling out her name, caused her to stop.