chapter ninety-six

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐭 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱; 𝐓𝐞𝐬𝐭, 𝐓𝐞𝐬𝐭, 𝐓𝐞𝐬𝐭.
𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬; 𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐞

Y/n sluggishly walked out of Professor Slughorn's class, she had just finished up her test and was having a break. This was just the first day of tests, and she already wanted to just flop on the ground and give up.

"Y/n!"

The girl stopped and looked back to see Mark Campbell. A boy that Remus got very jealous of, a boy who seemed to be so obsessed with her. He looked like a mess, his blonde hair a slight mess. And dark bags under his eyes, it was like he hadn't gotten any sleep.

Mark had become her friend for a very short time, before he suddenly snapped at her. And also ended up choking her, and threatening her. Her eyes widened as she remembered the threat, she spun around and walked away.

She sped walked down the hall, just waiting to get away from him. She was so confused, and angry at him. Mark had the audacity to threaten her, and choke her, telling her not to go near him or he'd kill her. And now it seems like he wants to talk, it made no sense.

Not only that, but the only people he hung out with, were slytherins who had the very high chance of becoming followers of Voldemort. Like Snape, Rosier, Mulciber, and many, many more. What could Mark possibly want from her, it made no sense.

Y/n sat in the great hall, head in a book once more. She was eating, and studying at the same time. Well trying to study, she couldn't stop thinking about why Mark was trying to talk with her. In her mind the hall was silent, completely silent. She had blocked out any nosie completely, leaving her mind open to her thoughts.

Meanwhile, around her, her friends talked. Each of them seemed worried, noticing how she didn't respond to hearing her name. Remus looked to James, who shrugged, equally as confused.

"What is up with her?" Sirius asked, looking back and forth from his friends to Y/n.

Remus shrugged "I dunno, she's been like that sense after Slughorns class." He said worriedly.

"She's probably stressed." Lily said, "She's been quite stressed all week."

Remus placed a hand on his girlfriend's shoulder, and shook her gently. This was what managed to snap her out, of this little trance she was in.

"Huh?" Y/n asked, looking around at all her friends. Noticing their worried looks.

"Are you okay?" Peter asked, "You've been zoning out since we got here."

The girl nodded and moved a strand of h/c from her face "Yeah, yeah, I'm all good." She said, "All good."

Y/n couldn't help but glance at the Slytherin table, only to find Mark already staring at the Gryffindor table. She quickly looked at her book, avoiding eye contact with him. Remus was the only one who seemed to notice this, he looked over at the table, and saw Mark staring at his girlfriend. The boy scowled, he of course knew what had happened between them. And how their friendship seemed to very quickly fall apart.

He knew what he said to her, and what he did to to her. He also knew thay Mark hung around death eaters, and his family was all pure-blood Slytherin's. Remus looked to Y/n, who continued to stare at her book.