chapter ninety-nine

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞; 𝐀𝐭 𝐋𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐧 𝐂𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞
𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬; 𝐌𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐨𝐩𝐞'𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐝𝐮𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐫

Remus let out a sigh as he walked inside his house, alone and without Y/n. The cottage was silent, with his mother gone and his dad working everything just felt so empty. He walked fully inside, and kicked the door close. He instantly went upstairs, and began unpacking. This was definitely going to be a long few days, especially without Y/n.

Once he was done unpacking, a flopped down on his bed. It felt so empty without Y/n, he loved the feeling of his body pressed against hers. Her warmth, and the fact he got to wake up with her beside him. He missed her so much already, and just wanted to be back at her side.

"This is going to be a long few days." Remus mumbled, as he ran his hands down his face.

No doubt it would also be awkward between him and his father, considering Remus hadn't spoken more than a few words to him simce his mother passed away. He was more than surprised when his dad had lettered him to come home for a few days once school ended, saying he had some important things to say to Remus. That was something Remus wasn't ready for.

Day four of being stuck at home, Remus still hasn't seen his father yet. He was trying his best to avoid him. Deep down he knew the longer he avoided this, the longer he'd probably have to stay. And he didn't want to be at home for too long, he just wanted to be back with Y/n.

Currently Remus paced his room, a scowl on his face. He was trying his best to gather the courage to talk to his father, even to just go near him. Remus knew he shouldn't be mad at his father, he had no right to, he felt petty. But his father should have told him about his mothers condition, maybe there was a way he could've helped.

"C'mon Remus, pull yourself together damnit." He said to himself, as he continued to walk back and forth.

Remus had been most close with his mother, than his father. His father was almost always working at the ministry, while his mum stayed home doing house work. Some of her favorite things to do.

Suddenly, the sound of a door closing was heard through the cottage. Remus stopped his pacing, and his heart beat quickened. Lyall Lupin had finally came home, and Remus's nerves had flown through the roof.

"Remus?" Lyall called out, "Are you home?"

Remus stayed silent for a second "Yeah, I'll be down in a minute!" He called.

The young adult sighed, and ran his hands through his hair. After a couple of seconds, Remus left his room and made his way downstairs. He slowly walked down the steps, and entered the livingroom. His father sat in his usual recliner, the daily prophet in front of him.

"Such a shame, the world has gone to hell all because of you-know-who." Lyall spoke, "I'm glad your mother didn't have to see all this....chaos, and violence."

"Yeah." Remus whispered "She wouldn't want to see this." He mumbled, "What did you need to talk about?"

Lyall stayed silent, and began silently folding up his news paper. Remus felt beyond awkward, this was probably the most that he had seen, and spoken to his father in a while.