chapter twenty-two

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨; 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬;𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐞

𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬;𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐞

Break seemed to fly by so quickly. It was full of chaos, and laughter. Euphemia and Fleamont had returned they day before the children would return to school. The five Marauders sat on the train, eager to be back at school. Y/n was excited to see Lily, Alice, and Marlene.

"Hey Padfoot." James said.

Sirius looked away from the window and blinked "Yeah?" He asked.

It was obvious he was lost in thought about something. Y/n could only assume it had something to do with his terrible family, just a day before today he had gotten a letter. Y/n wasn't surprised it wasn't a howler. But whatever the letter said, Sirius didn't talk about it.

"I dare you, to carve our initials on the board behind your head." James said, grinning.

Y/n looked to her twin "Why would he do that?" She asked.

"Thats vandalism." Remus mumbled, not bothering to look up from his book.

When Y/n got a better look at the book, she realized it was the book she got him for Christmas. 'To kill a mockingbird'. Y/n's heart fluttered, and she smiled brightly.

"I mean, we sit in the same compartment every year. So why not carve our initials on it, it's something we could tell our kids about." James rambled.

Y/n chuckled "Thats not a bad idea." She said.

Sirius groaned and pulled out his pocket knife "Fine, but if I get in trouble. I'm dragging you all with me." He said, turning and standing on the seat as he started to crave in five sets of initials.

Y/n snorted "Great." She said.

A few minutes later, Sirius had finished. He plopped himself back down in his seat, and Y/n grinned at the sight of the five initials.

[ ].E.P.
J.F.P.
S.O.B.
R.J.L.
P.P.

Y/n laughed "What, did you get lazy when you where doing Peters name?" She asked.

"Y-you f-forgot my middle n-name." Peter stuttered.

"Yeahhh, I got lazy." Sirius said.