Fake Friendship

" Friends show their love in times of trouble, not in happiness."
- Euripides

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Levin POV

I got out of the car and walked up to the city watch, a large park area surrounding the tall hill overlooking the city. As I get to the top, I sigh, looking at the pink colored sky, formatted with a little clouds here and there.

All the buildings and highways, lights turned on in Windows and cars. Kids being told to go inside because it was getting late, couples getting ready to go on dates.

I sit down in the grass and lay down, looking at just the sky. It's times like this that you feel very small. Yet you yourself feel so important, because nothing is more important than yourself, that's what your brain tells you.

But my brain right now is full of madness and messes that I can't keep up. Their starting to come back, the two voices in my head that love to mess with me. It's only a matter of time before I snap under pressure. But I can't let that happen.

One slip and I'm done for. I'm placing a huge gamble on this operation to take down Aogiri, and they already know I have a plan in mind now thanks to my little... hiccup I have to take care of.

"Hey, you called me?" Said a voice behind me, footsteps going to a stop a few feet away.

I look up from my position and look at the boys face. Little did I know this boy was my traitor when I first met him. It was actually very bad job from Aogiri. If he wasn't so obvious about it, maybe he would've lasted a bit longer.

I sit up, as he sits next to me.

"Hello Kawasaki." I said, my face shadowed by my hair, on my right side, he sits, and with my left hand, I clench it onto the dirt, trying to stop from strangling him to death right here and now.

He smiles. "What's up? Calling me out of school for something." He said with a confused voice.

I stand, leaving him on the ground, I take a few steps from him, forward. Then I stare at the horizon, sighing.

"Your a really good actor, you know that?" I ask, glancing back at him.

He flinched so little that it would've been not noticeable if I wasn't paying attention enough. He smiled, "Thanks?... hey, I was wondering-"

"Don't try to change the subject, Kawasaki." I said with a commanding voice, making him shut up.

He is silent, he looks shocked. I don't look at him, staring at the city.

"Trust is hard to come by these days... in this city... don't you think?" I ask, glancing back at him.

He flinched, more noticeable this time, I was breaking through that think later of glass he built for his acting. He looks serious, "yeah. But we're friends, we can trust each other, right?" He said that last part a bit nervously.

I smile. "No, we can't. Because we aren't friends, Kawasaki." I said with a friendly tone. I stretch, cracking my back and shoulders.

Kawasaki glared at me, standing up. "What's that about?" He asked.

I chuckle. "You can stop trying now. I already know."

He still acted though. "About what?" He yelled.

"That your a traitor." I said plainly, staring into his eyes.

He looked shocked. "Y-You don't have any proof-"

"Proof? Try this on for size... Aogiri already got whiff of the people we're getting together, and how do they know already?" I asked, glaring at him, my eyes flitting a quick red.