Trap

" It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
- Voltaire
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sasaki POV

I took out my case from the back of the van, everyone has their quinque ready in their hands. I told everyone only to use your kagune in case of emergency, but I have a feeling this isn't going to be as easy as everyone thinks.

I bite my lip before I turn around and give everyone a straight look. "Alright, no fooling around. Urie and Tooru, head to the back entrance. Mutsuki, your with me. Saiko, watch the van." I commanded.

Saiko grunted at my command to her, but she stayed, climbing up on top of the van and sitting down. I watch Urie and Shirazu head to the back and give me a slight thumbs up.

I nod and walk into the apartment complex, Mutsuki behind me with a worried expression. "From what we learned from the auction, is that she has a hybrid kagune. So be careful." I whispered to her, making her a bit more relaxed remembering that I'm here.

I knock on the door while Mutsuki stands to the side, ready to breach as soon as the door is opened. But as my hand is about to tap on the door, I hear a voice.

"Jeez, and here I thought we wouldn't have any trouble." Said a male voice. I turn quickly and look up on top of a lamp post, there stood a man with a black rabbit mask.

"R-Rabbit! Shit!" I cuss under my breath as Mutsuki jumps from seeing him across the street.

His kagune pushed out of him, two wings... where do I recognize those before? Hmm.

I stare so much that I don't notice he alreayd jumped off the lamp post and onto the ground, running at us at top speeds. I yell over to Mutsuki before I push the button on my case.

"Its an Ukaku, they're fast!" I warned as his Kagune slammed into me, sending me skidding on my feet across the wet ground.

I swing my sword and slice one of his wings, but it pulls itself back together quickly. He turn towards Mutsuki, who ducks from a kagune crystal being shot at her, she runs behind a wall of a alley and stays there for orders.

"Stay there, go to Urie and Tooru, warn them-!" I want to speak more but the rabbit ran on a building wall and propelled himself at me, kicking me in the chest.

I grab his leg and throw him to the ground, he reels back his other foot and slams me in the face with the heel of his boot. I grit my teeth and gain balance again.

He's fast as hell! Rabbit jumped back a bit and stood silently, staring at me. After awhile, he spoke.

"You remind me of a pathetic someone." He said with disgust.

I flinch and purse my lips and I ready myself again. Dammit, he's gonna charge if I don't, I gotta get the jump on him! I quickly push and lunge at him, surprising him a bit, barely dodging it with a shift to his right.

He quickly shoots at me hand, I try to move it out of the way, but one Crystal goes through my arm, and I drop my sword. I clench my arm as I jump back, pulling it out.

"Your pretty fast..." I mumble, watching my arm heal. This makes Rabbit flinch.

"Who the heck?!" He said in surprise.

"Time to get serious!" I let my kagune out, four limbs crawling out of my back and swinging at Rabbit. He tries and does dodge the first two, but the third stabs his hip and the fourth in his leg.

I hold him into the air and bring him close to me, he struggles, but I stab deeper every time he moves. "Please don't move, it'll only make it more painful." I exclaim as I grab his mask and pull it off.

I freeze.

"Ayato?" I mumble as part of my memory comes flooding back. He flinches after hearing his name and his eyes go wide.

"Eye... patch..." He said in a whisper.