Kaneki Ken

" There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship."
- Thomas Aquinas

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vincent POV

Me and Ayato both stop once we hear a giant bang inside the next room, which obviously where Touka was being held. Ayato squinted at the door for a long time, then another loud noise displayed itself.

What was going on in there? But with Ayato so distracted...

I run forward and swing my princess forward over my head, he reacts quickly and dodges them, moving to the side with once a minor cut on the side of his neck. He clenched it and grit his teeth.

"What a low blow." He mumbled.

I smirk. "Low blow? All's fare in war, kid." I said, slashing in a scissor pattern at his face. I got him in the eyes, making him scream in pain and grab his face.

I kicked his gut, making him slam into a wall. I grabbed his throat and held him on the wall, choking him. "A scorpion can kill a rabbit easily." I mumbled, aiming for his chest.

I feel a cold and round tubes thing placed on my back suddenly, and I glanced behind me to see a girl with brunette hair, looking a bit younger than Ayato. She has a quinque gun, no doubt I'd get injured from that.

"I wouldn't do that, girl." I mumbled.

Ayato looked in shock at the girl. "H-Hinami, get away!" He squeezed out., grabbing on my arms, trying to pry free.

"You should listen to your buddy, girl." I said plainly, looking at this Hinami girl up and down. Very pretty, no doubt. But much too young to be doing stuff like this. She has to be around 15 or 16...

"L-Let him go!" She demanded, pressing the gun harder into my back. I glance at the gun then at Ayato.

"Girl... if I wanted to, I could snap his neck and easily impale you... even if you managed to injure me... I'd still be able to kill you." I said, making her face look even more grim.

We stood in silence for a long time. We stared at each other, as if thinking of when something will happen. This is bothersome. Instead of waiting, I quickly increase the pressure on Ayato's throat, making Hinami flinch. But I quickly knock him out, dropping him to the concrete floor.

As soon as he did, Hinami didn't bother with me, only hurried to help her friend. I give her a grim expression as she tries to drag him away. "I should kill you and him." I said, making her flinch.

"But I ain't one to kill a young girl... and you seem to like that brat... so get out of here." I said, walking to the door where Touka was no doubt being held.

Hinami blushed when I said like. Such a pure hearted girl, sad she found herself next to the worst kind of person around. She should be somewhere else, not here... hell, I shouldn't be here either, why am I even here? To help a girl I barely know? What am I doing with my life?

I sigh as I open the door, and find a room empty. I look around and find Touka sitting in one of the corners, looking out a door into the courtyard. I run over to her and poke her back, she quickly turns and punches me in the face.

"Ow! What the hell?!" I yelled at her, she covered her mouth from shock.

"D-Don't scare me like that!" She yelled in my face, making me sigh again and look out the door where she was. The sight I saw was... frightening really.

Sasaki seemed to be engaged with Noro, very engaged. They didn't even give each other a breather, they continually attacked each other, giving each other wounds that healed instantly. Their healing is insane!

"I-Its Kaneki." Touka said, looking entranced by the dove. I frown, looking over at the dove once more, confused.

"Isn't Kaneki Ken dead?" I asked, mostly to myself, because Touka wasn't even paying attention to me, she was focused on every move those two made, making sure that Sasaki wasn't getting too injured.

Such a worrier.

"I'm budding in the fight, get back to Re." I ordered her, walking out into the open and heading towards Noro.

Sasaki notices me and grins, a grin that I wasn't used to seeing. The investigator was usually so grim and serious... except when he told stupid puns.

Noro looks over at me and tilts his head as I let my kagune out again. My limbs are gonna be sore after this, I haven't had proper fight in months. I run to Noro's right side while Sasaki goes to the right.

Noro pushes himself into the air, and spins to the ground, hitting Sasaki away, but instead, his spiked, long limbs grappled onto Noro. And he stabbed his gut.

Blood came from Noro's mouth under his mask as I stabbed him in the back, through his chest. I lifted him into the air, and began to pull two opposite ways with both of my pincers, until I literally split him in half.

Noro's body started to pull back together, making me and Sasaki both nod at each other. I stabbed his top half while Sasaki quickly aimed at his head, stabbing it through between the eyes.

There was a long silence.

Then, me and Sasaki both sighed once we found that he had stopped moving. "Damn... monster..." Sasaki groaned, breathing heavily, scratching his head.

"Yeah... I'm done with heroics for awhile." I mumbled under my breath.

Sasaki looked around then stopped once finding his eyes on Touka, who was standing shyly behind him. They were silent for a long time, and I decided to break the silence. I pointed at the car.

"Lets get goin, I'll drop you two off at Re." I said, heading to the car while swinging the keys in my hands.

The other two nod, trying to avoid each other's eyes. They're like two high school love birds that are to shy to confess, what a bunch of weirdos.

Eto POV

"Noro? He's dead?" Tatara asked again in anger, his voice seemed over the top right now, scolding Ayato.

Ayato and Hinami looked at the ground as Tatara continued with the scolding. "And you got knocked out? Now we lost our one link with blackmail to Nest and the damned coffee shop! You will pay for your-"

"Tatara-San... why don't we let them off this time?" I suggested, swinging my legs while sitting on a metal table across the room.

Tatara made eye contact with me and stared. He knows not to defy me... so it was only a matter of time until Tatara finally gave up and walked away with the same blank and dull face.

Hinami smiles shyly at me. "T-Thank you." She said.

"No problem~!" I said as I walked off. Poor girl, still doesn't know I'm that author she was so fond of with her onee-chan. I rub my chin, speaking of onee-Chan's..

"So... are you sure it resembled Eyepatch?" I asked Hinami, making her flinch. She looked like she hadn't believed her own eyes, I grin at this.

"Go get some rest." I suggest as I trot off with a giggle.

It seems I can have more fun than I thought~