Through Whispering Thoughts

" There is no instinct like that of the heart."
- Lord Byron

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some of you were wondering why I mentioned something about Sasaki's underwear going missing, the photo is part of the explanation. Urie and Shirazu were supposed to trade his boxers for some info to someone that was gonna give them to Tsukiyama. So yeah, though the pic is hilarious! (I do not own it!)

Vincent POV

I waited patiently as I watch Sasaki climb the ladder to the roof. The giant factory smelled of old dog and looked as if you blew on it, it'd break down. The ground beneath me was that of gravel, so I moved slowly to make as less sound as I could.

I see Sasaki give me a wave as he enters the top door, lingering for a moment, then traveling inside. I nod to myself as I look down at a manhole by my feet.

I make one of my scorpion tales out and stab the edge of the manhole, popping it open easily. I jump down with ease, landing safely at the bottom.

The sewer smelled twice as worse as up on the surface, only with the added scent of puke and Shit. I cover my nose with my sleeve as I traverse down the dark tunnel, soon finding a ladder leading up.

I pull up a map app on my phone, and make it zoom real close to the surface. By this, it says I'm right below the factory... I grab onto the ladder and slowly move up it, making sure I don't trip on the grimy crap on the bars (thank god I'm wearing gloves).

I stop near the manhole cover and take out a drill. This'll make less noise. I drill open the manhole and pop it open, peaking around before getting out and placing the cover back on. I scan the room once more, but all I see are assorted Quinque bullets and gun on the walls, most likely stolen from the CCG.

I put on a mask shaped as a gas mask, and walk towards the door, it was rusted padded metal. I pull the handle, and a giant creak goes through the hall. I curse at the door and quickly open it, making a quick rusted crack.

I stop and check around, making sure that didn't make too much noise. I sigh after nothing comes out and think to myself, right or left?

I frown as I go left, the smell of blood getting stronger. My kakugan reacts heavily and I allow it to bloom. Not like it'll matter here, plus I'm wearing a mask.

At least the smell wasn't as bad on the inside, but it still lingered. I find myself at another door, the is time it was a white and chipped wooden door. I tilt my head and turn the handle, opening it without any difficulty.

Inside the room, I flinched, looking up at me from the ground was dozens of dead humans, their corpses already cold by now, I would guess. Blood stained the floor, there wasn't even one speck of clean tiles in the room. Some of the corpses were hanged on the walls and from the ceiling, all of them naked and skinned, probably alive. That though sent shivers down my spine, so I try my best to ignore them as I go through the room.

There was torture tools on a bench on the side, some of them were wiped clean while others were stained with blood, there was a bucket filled with toes and other body parts below the bench. I keep myself from gagging, even though I'm a ghoul, seeing things as terrible as this is frightening.

Maybe that's why I quit the organization. If I never ordered Yoshimura to do that... maybe things would be different right now. But... why did I order him to do something so horrible? Was I really caught up in having perfect balance between species that I never wanted something like Eto or Levin in this world?

The thoughts stab at me and I throw them aside. If I can save them... maybe, just maybe... I can wash away these sins that I've committed. I tore my eyes away from the bench and started for the other door across the room.