Quinx

" Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out."
- Benjamin Franklin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vincent POV

"24th ward? Why isn't she in the 23rd, where their main base is?" I asked, sitting at the couch with the others surrounding me.

Rize smirks. "Isn't that too obvious? They took her there so it wouldn't be expected. You should know this stuff, Vin-kun~." She said in a sweet accent.

I frown at her. "Ah, shut your trap-"

"Let's try not to tear each other apart. Please." Said Levin, suddenly from the window. He's looking out the window, with a blank look on his face. He's been different lately, and he looks up a lot (he does that when he's thinking).

Kurona is back with her sister like usual, and me, Rize, and Tsukiyama are at the couch, talking about our counter. Levin is only in half of the conversation, he'll add a few things, but never actually get involved.

Tsukiyama smiles. "Yes, I agree with Levin... what we need is some more help for this magnificent rescue!" He said rescue with an American accent.

Levin perked at this, glancing back us with a imaginary thought light going up in his head. He walks over to us and looks at the list, squinting at one of the names.

"Which one are you looking at?" I asked.

Levin pointed, then walked back the window. I flinch at what he was suggesting. "B-But weren't getting him last?" I asked quickly.

Levin glared back at me. "Not now."

"But why?" Rize asked with a confused face on, tilting her head a bit creepy like for my taste.

Levin stared out the window, the wind outside was howling, no rain though, a very clear sky with lots of wind.

"Because he knows her." He said.

"So?" Rize said.

Levin bit his lip. "I have a feeling... that if we mention Touka to him... he'll be willing to help." He said.

I looked at the photo and name. He has moderately long, white and black hair, with light eyes. He looked like a charmer, that one. His name, Sasaki Haise.

A dove, huh?

Sasaki POV

I turned in my report quickly and returned to my room. Inside I quickly sat down on my bed, breathing and scratching at my ears. Every now and then I'd get a weird feeling as if something was crawling in my ear, and with it, I'd get a crazy sounding voice, chanting something but I can't tell what it says.

And the scary thing is that it sounds like me. Is that Kaneki? The old Kaneki?... no, the old Kaneki was human, innocent, and a good kid by what I heard from Touka. But the new Kaneki that was... t-tortured, and kicked around inside his mind.

That was the Kaneki that was talking to me.

Should I trust this voice? Or should I ignore it further. I might recover more of my memories of I do this, but at what cost, my sanity?

My name is Kaneki Haise, I'm not the old me and I'm not the new me. I'm not Sasaki, and I'm not Kaneki Ken. But who is Kaneki Haise? To everyone at the burrow, I'm still just Sasaki Haise, but to Touka, I'm Kaneki Ken.

Why can't I be who I want to be?

I clench my head and run my hands through my hair. Dammit, why?! Why did this have to happen to me? Out of everyone in this damned city, it happened to me.