Last Meeting

" Personality has power to uplift, power to depress, power to curse, and power to bless."
- Paul Harris

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Levin POV

I sat down in the cafe, today was my day off, so I decided I'd go meet someone I haven't seen in awhile. On the phone she sounded excited, which made me a bit happy, but I washed those feelings down and set my mind straight.

I was done with the games now, and it's time to set things straight.

Silently, the waiter filled in my order for some water, and walked away. I wasn't in the mood for regular meals. I was here for one reason and one reason only.

A bell at the door catches my ears, and in comes in a cyan colored hair girl. She waved and smiled at me as she walked in, dressed in a skirt and a t shirt. Her hair was tied back into a bun on the back of her head, and she wore glasses today.

Takatsuki Sen sat across from me, smiling largely. "Wow! I never knew you'd call me to schedule a date! I'm so excited." She said with a thrilled voice.

"One coffee please, iced." She said to the waiter who walked over, he bowed and left us in silence. I looked down at my glass of iced water, and she seemed confused by this.

"Why didn't you order your usual?" She asked me with a tilt of her head and putting her chin on her hands.

"Usual?" I asked.

She smiled. "You always order an Italian soda, isn't that your favorite?" She asked.

I look back down at my water. "I don't like regular soda, only Italian soda." I said.

She giggled a bit. "Your a picky drinker, aren't you? Well, we'll see how well you can take alcohol when your the right age!" She said excitedly.

I bite my lips then open them to say something, but she says something before I do.

"Wanna go out?" She asked.

"Huh?" I exclaim.

She folded her hands and closed one of her eyes, looking at me with her open one. "I said, do you wanna go out, like to somewhere different." She said.

"Oh... yeah, I guess that'd be alright." I said. I'll tell her at the end I suppose.

"Yay! Let's go!" She said with enthusiasm as she placed the money on the table and brought her drink with her. She grabbed my sleeve and dragged me out of the cafe, onto the street.

I let her drag me, I wasn't in that fun of a mood, seeing as to what I was planning on doing. But this was Vincent's idea, and I agreed. I suppose it's for the best, if I stay close to her, I might get more attached.

Flashback~~~

"Stop meeting her?" I asked, startled by the request.

Vincent folded his hands and sighed. "Yes. Eto is dangerous, and it's great you get along with her and all but... she's with Aogiri. And you know what that means." He said.

"But-!" I try to say.

"Were planning on taking down Aogiri! That means were going to have to take her down too (if that's possible). You can't be too attached, Lev." He said with a grim look on. I could tell he hated telling me to do this, but I understood.

Eto would eventually be my enemy, I was just making it harder for myself. I suppose this is for the best.

End Flashback ~~~

I'm suddenly pulled to the side and into a photo booth, Sen has a huge smile on as she motions for me to get closer. I blush as we squeeze together and she hugs my arm, smiling at the camera as if shoots photos.

I find myself smiling also, her goofy attitude was getting to me. Why is it so hard for me to do this? Why do I feel attached to her? Is it because she's the closest thing to me? A born half ghoul?

She grabs the photos out of the dispenser and hands me my copies, I put them in my pockets and she grapples my arm. "Keep those safe for me little bro!" She said in a teasing matter.

I grow a small smile, and to her it might look like I'm happy, but inside I'm really sad. Why can't it be another way, why can't she stop being in Aogiri? Why can't she come to the Nest?

Why does she hate humans? No, she doesn't have any hate towards humans, she told me before in one of our meetings. But why is she with Aogiri then?

As we're walking in a park, and I make sure no one is around, I stop, making Eto look confused by my behavior. "What's wrong?" She asked.

I bite my lip and take a deep breath. "Are you sure... you don't want to join Nest?" I asked slowly.

She tapped her chin, and sighed. "I'm sorry, that's never really been my aim. I can't." She said.

"Then... why are you... with Aogiri?" I asked.

Her facial expression didn't change, but I could tell she saddened a bit, seeing where this was going. She knew now what I was going to say, and we both stood silent, the wind gusting past us and blowing fresh air towards us.

She looked out in the distance. "I suppose... I joined because they needed someone to look up to." She said.

"To look up to?" I asked.

"Before Aogiri, I was feared for my brutality. For my ways of killing. But as soon as other started to follow me, I guess we became Aogiri Tree." She said with a hint of melancholy.

"But then why form Aogiri? What purpose do you have being there? Why can't you-!" I am put off.

"Because I have nowhere else to go!" She said, anger rising in her voice. "Wherever I go the CCG will follow. And if I join your Nest..." She trailed off.

I flinched. It's not that she didn't want to join us, it's that if she did, she would just bring us closer to being killed or captured by CCG. She's always been hunted, and by being with Aogiri, she doesn't have to worry about anyone close to her dying.

I didn't know what to say. But after a few more moments of silence, she turned her back to me and started down the hill. I wanted to say something to make her come back, but I held it in.

Sen stopped at the end of the hill and looked up at me at the top and smirked. "Next time we meet, I'll show you how a real fight between us should be." She said. "Let us find out who's really at the top of the food chain!"

??? POV

All the pieces are in place. Good. Now all that we have to do is wait, and watch the final act fall into place by mere fate.

I chuckle at my thoughts of the ending and begin to laugh hysterically, behind me the doctor gives me a grim look.

"It's ready. But is this... really where you want to use my masterpiece?" He asked, a bit worried for his experiment we were using for this.

I smirk. "The battle is about to begin between Nest and Aogiri. It's a perfect testing grounds for our new toy." I exclaimed.

The doctor smiled along with me. "Yes, I finally was able to make a pure Kakuja ghoul."

"I want to see if it eat other ghouls... Will it evolve further?" I wondered aloud.

Me and him both snicker to ourselves, waiting patiently for the curtain to open wide for the act to begin. Oh Kaneki... Levin, how will you two will react to this?

I wonder if you two have what it takes to survive?