"I'll Be Back"

"The tragedy is not that love doesn't last. The tragedy is the love that lasts."
- Shirley Hazzard

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mutsuki POV

Akira had pulled me and Shirazu from our offices and made us come with her to the meeting. Afterwards we stood outside the CCG tower in the 1st ward.

"You two did well in there, why don't you think about a promotion soon?" Akira asked while handing me a drink. Shirazu shrugged as if he had no interest.

"We're fine from where we are. But thanks anyway, Mado." I said while looking down at the black coffee she got me. I don't even like black coffee, too bitter.

Shirazu wasn't paying attention in the meeting, he was absent basically. Staring off into space and occasionally getting into a small discussion with the others.

He was still thinking about Urie. It was so sudden, and I didn't know exactly how to act towards that happening; but I had to keep on pushing.

Shirazu can cope in his own way, but I'll just work it off. If I can my mind off of it, it's for the best.

"What about dinner? It's on me tonight." Akira said with a half smile. She was still trying to cheer us up, but really she was just making it worse.

From inside the CCG building, I could see a massive amount of movement suddenly. Everyone was hurrying around and rushing everywhere. Akira noticed as well and raised an eyebrow.

As someone ran past us as they exited the building, Akira stopped them. A woman with short hair and a worried face on.

"What's everyone so rowdy over?" Akira asked, tilting her head towards the building.

The woman took a few deep breaths, then blurted:

"We've been ordered to attack Rue Island." She said.

Rue? She means Regret island? We're attacking, but why so suddenly?

"Why now? Wasn't that supposed to be in a month?" Shirazu asked, finally taking an interest in something other than his own thoughts.

"Go inside and talk with the others if you need to know." Said the woman, obviously in a hurry for something as she ran down the steps near the entrance and to the parking lots.

We all looked at one another in confusion as we headed back up the stairs. As soon as we walked in Suzuya walks up to us with a playful smile.

"Looks like we're heading to Rue~! You excited?" He asked. Suzuya had just gotten back from the hospital from his fight with the Crow during the Tsukiyama Raid. He had a few broken bones from that fight.

Akira crossed her arms. "Why are we attacking so early?" She asked him.

Suzuya thought for a moment then snapped his fingers. "Ah! We got a notice from a leaked info broker I think... something about seeing the Crow entering Rue island waters and not being attacked." He said with a grin.

He probably wanted a rematch with Crow, but from how decimated he was after his last fight with him, he doesn't stand a chance. And it's practically legend now that he managed to land a small cut on Arima.

But why would Aogiri let Crow into their waters? To our info, he left Aogiri and is in hiding with Nest. What's going on? The higher ups must really want to take down Crow if their attacking just because of him being there. But I suppose they think they'll hit two birds with one stone.

But Owl is there... do we stand a chance?

Kaneki POV

I hadn't put on a battle suit in awhile. And my mask was in my hand, I stared at it with a hint of nostalgia. Eye patch they call me...