The Levin I Know

" The sweetest of all sounds is that of the voice of the woman we love."
- Jean de la Bruyere

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Third Person POV

Levin didn't even try to block Juuzo's first attack, as it bounced off of his Kakuja shell around his body easily. He swatted him away as Hanbee tried stabbing Levin's arm, it only scraped the arm.

He turned his head slowly to Hanbee, staring at him through the two slits in the Kakuja mask. He tilts his head slowly, making Hanbee shiver in fear. "Try? Try? Try? Try? N-Not W-Work..." he mumbled some nonsense as he raised one of his wings and slashed the quinque, breaking it in two like a twig.

Hanbee jumped back with surprise. "W-What?! How can he break through it so easily... and how can they not go through his shell?!" He said, trying to piece together in his mind.

Juuzo laughs from behind him. "It looks like it was true from what the scientists said! Quinque won't work on the Crow~!" He said, running at Levin again.

"Captain, don't go in so quickly-!" He started to warn.

Levin quickly grabbed Juuzo by the leg, hanging him upside down. He put his head close to him as if to inspect him closely. "Annoying..." he mumbled.

Juuzo smiled as he pushed a button on leg, and it popped off harmlessly. He drops and lands on one leg, slashing at Levin's foot. He hooks in around his leg and pulls, tripping him over.

Juuzo jumps up on top of him and slashed his mask, it did nothing but a little scratch. One of Levin's Talons tried to hit him again, but he jumped away, smiling next to Hanbee.

Hanbee pulled out his communication device and got a call from the burrow. "Take him down! The locals are in danger if the Crow is Kakuja!" Said the chief inspector on it.

Juuzo heard him and gave the phone a little salute. "Roger~!"

He then looked at the electrical line and slashed it, grabbing the wire that sparked everywhere. "I'm sure people will be fine without electricity!" He said with joy, running around Levin's legs and wrapping around him.

Juuzo jumps up on his back and shoves the wires into his eye slits. Levin screams in pain, the electrical current slamming into him like a train. He grabbed his head and whacked Juuzo away.

"M-My head! It hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts! Why does it hurt? Why why why why? Aaaaaa!" He screamed as his Kakuja started to dissipate, his face was already healing, but the Pain was still there.

"Not strong. Weak weak weak weak! Yasu... not her... not her..." he looked up as Juuzo was right in front of him.

"Check mate! Kurona is next!" He said with a tongue out.

Levin's eyes turned a bright crimson as one talon popped out of Juuzo's back, slashing him across the chest, making him back off. He looks down at his chest in surprise. "I can see my ribs..." he said silently.

Juuzo then is right next to Levin, stabbing his neck with one of his knives. He tries to scream but can't, blood pools into his throat. He's stabbed in the stomach too, and the knees. He falls to the ground once again, grabbing his face in pain.

"We're weak... not strong... must... kill..." Levin said under his breath.

Hanbee grabbed Juuzo as he lost his balance from loss of blood. "We need a hospital, now Captain!" He said, calling an ambulance.

Juuzo was quiet for awhile, then nodded, waving goodbye as he's helped limping off with Hanbee. "Bye bye~!" He said.

Levin stayed looking up at the sky, his mind in a total mess. After awhile, he slowly, slumped up against a wall, blood trailing as he moved down the street. "M-Must... get-" he stopped as he flopped onto the ground, reaching out to nothing.

"It hurts... mother... it hurts... make it better... please..." he mumbled, his breath shivers as he starts to cry.

Why did i search for power? All that happens when I do is I lose... He thought, his hand hitting the ground. As he lay there, a drop of water slaps his face, making him open his eyes again.

Ah... it's raining. He thought, staring upwards, allowing his tears and raindrops to mix and run down his face. His hair became soaked within minutes, and his clothes became hard to move in as he slightly shifted every now and then.

"It seems we lost." Said Human, crossing his arms in dissatisfaction.

Ghoul growled at his response. "Shut it! Next time I see that crazy lunatic, I'll slice him up good!" He said with a wide smirk.

Levin ignored the voices. They're not real. They're not here right now, it's just me, the cement, and the rain. Nothing matters right now. Tears welled up in his eyes again and his hair covered his expression.

No matter what I do, I'm going to lose. He thought.

Once again, he reached out, but this time into the sky. No one would mind if he went to sleep right? I'm terribly tired. Can I sleep now? Is that okay?

Levin closed his eyes, slowly. The darkness around him became warmth, and he liked it. Not like that cold street, covered in blood and tears. Miserable. No here he would be happy, in the dark.

Suddenly, someone took his raised hand. His eyes slowly opened in surprise and he looked up at an umbrella, over him. A black haired girl with an eye patch stood over him, with a expressionless face.

"I'm here." She whispered, tightening the hold on her hand to his.

Levin's eyes widened and he slowly smiled. "Yasu..." He murmured.

"I like it when you smile." Kurona said, making Levin flinch. "But I haven't seen that in awhile... until just now."

Levin stared with surprise. Then he was helped up, limping on Kurona as she put his arm around her neck for support. "The Levin thats doesn't smile, isn't the Levin I know." She whispered.

Levin slightly went into a blush, his heart hammered around his chest like a caged animal. He hoped Kurona didn't hear it. She looked over at him as they walked.

"Let's go home." She said, the smallest smile that could barely be seen appeared on her face, making Levin blush even more.

He looked at the ground nervously. "Y-Yeah... Let's go home."