White Christmas

Christmas specials... I love writing them. I don't own the pic!

" If you are not too long, I will wait here for you all my life."
- Oscar Wilde

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Touka POV

Standing on my toes, I reach up to the top of the tree, trying not to trip over the small ladder I'm using. Tonight was Christmas eve, and I needed to get the shop ready for the party we were having.

Those coming to the party would be mostly people from the old Anteiku, but I think Tsukiyama is coming also. People from Nest are caught up with Kurona's sickness and Levin suddenly... joining Aogiri.

It's been a few days since Kaneki and Rize got back and told everyone. Nearly gave Kurona a heart attack, with the condition she's in.

As I'm get the star around the top of the tree sitting in the middle of the cafe, I let out a sigh, but find my gravity losing itself. The ladder underneath me gave way and I was already tumbling downwards.

But suddenly, I stop in the middle of the air. I open my eyes again to find Kaneki there, holding me in a princess hold. For a moment, I remember when he saved me from Ayato like this back when he first got his new look... after Yamori...

But that memory soon fades and I find the situation I'm in to be very embarrassing. My face turns red, and I try to squirm out of his hold, but he holds on tight.

"Hey, I'll drop you of you squirm." He said.

I stop and look away, every time I look him in the face I get flustered beyond belief. He slowly puts me down, then sighs, putting his hands on his hips.

"Be more careful. Sometimes I won't always be here to help you." He said, turning back to the counter and started to wipe it down with a wet washcloth.

Yeah, sometimes you won't be here, like the last four years... I wanted to say, but I held it in, feeling that letting a short burst of anger out suddenly would be a bit wrong.

I still wanted to punch Kaneki in the face more for leaving Anteiku and going on his little quest to "protect" everyone. I didn't abide to it, I didn't agree to it one bit.

"Hey Touka, now that I think about it... you ended up not going to Kami?" He said, he was still looking away, so I couldn't see his expression.

I freeze and slowly put the ornament on the tree that I was holding. "Yeah."

"Why didn't you?" He asked.

There was a long silence. I couldn't bring myself to say anything, because he would probably blame himself. The reason I made Re was so that if Kaneki came back, he would have a place to come back to.

"Why didn't you?" He asked again, this time more forceful.

I snap out of it and answer slowly. "Because... I wanted to open up a coffee shop... it was something that I found out I wanted to do... when you were gone." I exclaimed, which wasn't a lie.

Kaneki was frozen for a long time, then, he dropped the washcloth and sighed, walking to the back. I didn't follow, I didn't want to talk anymore. If we did end up talking it'd end up being an argument.

But sure enough the day dwindled by and soon everyone was gathered. Yomo and Kaneki were playing chess at the counter, and Hinami and Tsukiyama were placing some presents under the tree.

Re was closed today since it was a Holiday, and we wanted to do a little event to clear the air a bit.

"Little Hinami! It seems you are still a pretty flower just like before, aren't you?" Tsukiyama said.