The Nutcracker

" The mind is everything. What you think you become."
- Buddha

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Urie POV

I can't believe I froze up for a second. As soon as her kagune came out, I froze up and took a shivering step back. Why was I letting this bitch get to me?

This was my chance.

My chance to get my position back.

To get promotion!

I grit my teeth and make my Kagune come out. I just got the next level of my kagune out, let's see how far I can go with this! I run forward at her, Sasaki was helping Shirazu up, looked at me in distress as I passed.

"Urie! Stop!" He yelled, but I kept running at her.

As I collided with her, our kagune slashed each other's. I pushed her back, to her surprise, and kicked her in the gut. She coughed up some saliva, then looked at me with a smirk.

"Can you hit harder, darling?" She whispered with a creepy grin forming.

I glare at her as I aim my Koukaku at her. "Shut up, whore!" I yelled in disgust.

But it seems she didn't like being called that. Her face curled into an insane grin that made me freeze. And in that tiny freezing moment, her kagune slashed my hip, sending blood curling through the air. I clench my hip and fall to my knees, her kagune aimed at my chin.

"I want to see your reaction-" she said, her kagune going lower. "- to when I crush them!"

Just as she was about to make a stab motion, a quinque smacked her upside the head, coming surprisingly from Saiko. Behind her quickly came Mutsuki as she let her kagune out, and stabbed Nut in the shoulder.

Nut grit her teeth and glared at them with sinister look. "Now now little ones. I have to go one at a time!" She said, suddenly making a kagune come out of the ground, catching Mutsuki on her leg.

When did she set that?! She can separate a part of kagune from her body and use it as some sort of trap. And to top it all off, she's a chimera ghoul. I'd love to see the fucked up parents of this one.

Sasaki puts Shirazu down and pulls out his quinque sword, quickly slashing through her kagune, cutting part of it clean off. Nuts didn't like this, made her nervous, I could tell.

"Urie, now!" He yelled.

"Tch, don't need to tell me." I grunt as I get back up and slash towards her face, with her kagune gone, I didn't need to worry about being cut to ribbons.

Nuts moves to her right, my Kagune sails past her face, and she bites onto my arm. I grit my teeth and punch her in the face with my other arm to break free, but it doesn't help.

"Aaaaarrgh!" I scream as her teeth dig deeper and soon rip a piece of flesh off. I back off, and so does Sasaki.

"Are you alright?!" Sasaki yelled over to me, a worried expression over his face. What's with him? he should worry about himself.

Anyway, I can't let him kill her. I have to do it, for promotion! I need to climb to the top, if I have to pick out a few fruits of the tree then so be it!

Plunge at her and she dodges, activating a new kagune from the energy my flesh gave her. Her kagune slashed me across the chest, and I fell to the ground, my eyes rolling to the back of my head, blood spilling out my mouth.

Sasaki POV

Urie fell and didn't move. I could see the faint moving of his chest moving up and down, but that only meant I needed everyone to get medical attention immediately.

This isn't an A rated ghoul, she's definitely S rated! Our info was wrong, no one knew she had could set traps of some sort. Damn it all.

"Saiko, get Shirazu. Mutsuki, get Urie. I'm holding her off." I yell an order, making them nod and instantly start to do their order.

Nuts smirked. "So your the one Uta talked about? The broken play thing?" She said with a giggle.

I flinch. "Uta?. . ."

Uta is..? I remember that name, yes! A ghoul! When did I meet him? It was... it was... I was with Touka and... I was getting something...

Suddenly a kagune flashes out at me, cutting my train of thought, I duck and it flies past my face. Nuts placed a hand on her cheek and gave me a insane grin.

"I want to see how an already broken man sounds as I crush them!" She says while laughing like a lunatic.

Oh he'll no! Not these family jewels! I jump back as a trap kagune bursts from the ground beneath me, and I let my kagune come out again. I take a quick glance behind me and see that the others are in the van.

"I'll end this quick." I mumble, and charge at her, making her flinch at my speed.

I slash down, through her kagune with my sword and through her right arm with my Kagune, slicing with pleasant thunk noise.

"Aaaaah!" Nuts yelled, clenching her now lost right arm. Then, behind her, I see Shirazu, stabbing her through the chest with a quinque. I gave him a glare, but he shook me off. Why don't these brats listen to me!?!

On the ground she looked pitiful, while just a moment ago I had feared her. She had a tear welling up in her eyes. I flinch at seeing this and my eyes go wide.

"I just wanted to be beautiful." She mumbled.

I close my eyes. Shirazu flinched, his eyes go wide for a moment, then her shakes his head, aiming his sword at her throat and stabbing into her flesh. She struggled for a moment, then ceased to move.

We were silent for awhile. There were questions I wanted to ask her, about Uta. He was still in Tokyo? I wonder if her still works at that old shop... oh yes! A mask shop!

"You okay?" I ask Shirazu.

He grunts a yes, and heads back to the truck. I could've done it myself, I had her, but I suppose I thank him for doing it. I always get a sick feeling in my gut when killing, even when it's ghouls.

Though, I'm half and half. So I suppose I can feel bad for killing either.

But Uta.

I suppose I should go and visit you soon.