Realization

" The future has a way of arriving unannounced."
- George Will

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Levin POV

I squirmed a bit in the chair I was sitting in, feeling a bit awkward. I didn't know exactly what I came here to talk about. But Kurona sat patiently on her bed, staring at me.

Seeing that blank face, I couldn't help but from a smile on my lips and let out a small chuckle. She tilted her head out of curiosity.

"Why are you laughing?" She asked.

I sigh and scratch my head. "Its just... I feel really relaxed when I'm with you, realizing that makes me feel a bit happy... I guess." I explained.

"I see." Kurona mumbled.

We sat in silence again, then Kurona put up a finger as if remembering something. She went to her desk, which I was sitting by and pulled out a piece of paper and a pen.

"I want to write a letter... can you help me?" She asked.

"Don't know how to write?!?" I said quickly.

"No, I just want you too write while I tell you what to write." She explained as she set the paper in my hands.

I begin to slide the paper on the desk off my hand, but I feel a slit, and I pull back my hand.

"Ow! Paper cut..." I said, looking at my finger, which had blood dripping from it.

"I thought you had a skin of a ghouls..." She asked, trailing off and waited for me to answer.

I smile nervously. "Well, I haven't eaten a human to replenish my H cells lately, I've been eating mostly human foods. If I eat like a ghoul, my body becomes hardened like theirs. But if I eat human foods then-"

"Your body is that of a humans." She finished for me with a nod and looked around for somewhere to sit. "Scoot."

I scoot on the desk chair and she sits next to me. It's too cramped, so part of her leg is atop mine. She leans back on my chest, which makes my heart jump.

"Is your finger alright?" She asked, grabbing my hand and putting it in front of her face.

The blood leaked slowly from it. "It'll heal." I said.

As I'm about to pull my hand away, Kurona suddenly sticks my finger in her mouth. I freeze in place as she sucks on my finger, getting all of the blood out. Her tongue wrapped around it and wiggled, wanting more I bet.

My chest felt like it was being strangled, and used as a punching bag. Her warm lips sucking on my finger made me feel a bit strange, but I pushed those thoughts out of my head as she released my finger, a tinge of saliva going across her tongue to my finger.

"Now it's clean." She said with a blank face.

"If you were just cleaning it then why are you drooling?" I said while squinting at her.

Kurona covered her mouth and blushed a bit, looking away from me and squirming a bit. After awhile, she turned back and had the same blank face.

"So what'd you want to talk about?" She asked.

"Weren't we gonna write a letter?" I asked, looking downs t the paper and pen. Kurona seemed to remember that and nodded enthusiastically.

I place the pen in my hands and wait for her to start talking.

"Dear Touka-" she started.

Oh nearly fall over from jumping at the name. "Y-You send letters to Touka?!" I asked with surprise.