King vs Crow

"If I'm weak, then everyone will be killed!"
- Kaneki Ken

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaneki POV

The people in the train all cowered out of my way, same with Levin, who was waving his kagune in front of some passengers. He glanced at them and let out a small chuckle, his voice filter emanated intent that scared me.

"Say, King? What would you do if I were to kill the passengers on this train?" He asked, crossing his arms, his talons aimed at some high school girl.

She started to cry silently, tears ran down her cheek. I glare at him, clenching my fists. My broken leg was now fully healed, so I should be able to fight fine.

"Then I'll stop you." I said, letting my Kagune grow out of my back as well, I start to walk towards him. Levin tilted his head at this.

"I still don't get it, why help humans, when you were never really treated like one to begin with?" He asked.

I stopped. "What are you entailing, Crow?" I asked.

"You were human once... and then a human turned you into... that." He gestured at me like I was a dying animal on the side of the road. "But even before that, no one ever loved you. Face it. We're the same."

"We're not the same." I said.

"We're more alike than you think, King. You want humans and ghouls to understand one another, but the food chain simply denies that completely." He exclaimed.

"Ghouls are above humans on that chain. And they always will be. Doves try to play hero, when really they don't tell the public that they practically see a ghoul everyday. There's not much of a difference.

"Except that ghouls are dependant on eating humans. So without humans, ghouls would die, sadly. And without cattle, humans would slowly die off. One species in the world disappears and then mother earth decides to punish us."

He let his arms hang at his side's. "So tell me. Do you see a world where a tiger and a deer can get along in the wild? I sure don't." He said.

"Shut up." I muttered.

"I'm just telling you facts. Ghouls need an actual place they can be safe, without worrying about being hunted by lower lifeforms like these worms." He gestured to the crowd all cowering. It came to me that they were listening to us prattle on. I needed to shut him up.

"Stop acting like a preacher. I'm done listening." I said, almost beginning to run at him. But just as I do, Levin's talon stabs a passenger through the leg, making them scream in pain and the rest all yell and cry.

"Ehe. You really are a sucker for humans.... whatever..." he said, taking his talon out of the man's leg and aiming them at me. "Start beating me and I'll kill passengers, I'm not afraid to."

The scary part is that he was telling the truth when he said that. Levin, why won't you stop this!? You used to agree with me, that humans and ghouls living together in mutual understanding would be a great world to live in.

But now you say it's impossible? Why now?

As I'm thinking this, Levin grabs one of the holding bars in the middle of the cart and uses it to throw a kick in my direction. I send a tendril out and grab his leg, throwing him into the window and making glass shatter.

I yelled to the passengers. "Get to the other carts! Now!"

They all respond to me order as one of Levin's talons flies past my face by a hair and wraps around my neck, pulling me towards him. He kneed me in the gut when close, then punched me across the face.