Plans for Dates

" Brevity is the soul of wit."
- William Shakespeare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ayato POV

I sat up when I was called and entered the large and luxurious room. Leather couches and a glass and metal coffee table in the middle. A flat screen above the fireplace, and a vase filled with red flowers.

My eyes train over to the counter and find rest on the wrapped up small girl. Though I know she's much older than me, Eto still looks small as hell. I cross my arms and cough to get their attention.

Tatara, who was standing near her looks over at me and squints. "What is it, Ayato-kun?" He asked.

"I was wondering... what are we gonna do about the Nest and Eye patch." I asked slowly, trying to hide me nervousness.

Tatara titled his head slightly. "Isn't that obvious. We're getting ready for them as we speak. Eye patch is another story..." he trailed off.

Eto spoke up. "Dont forget our agreement, Tatara." She said with a smirk growing on her face. Whatever she was thinking about made her excited for some reason.

Tatara sighed. "I know. Ayato, you can have the day off. There's a festival down in ward 10, isn't there?" He asked.

I flinched. "Y-Yeah... but why would you let me slack off?" I asked.

Eto smiled. "Hinami needs some time. You should take her." She chirped happily, a tease in her voice.

I feel heat rise to my ears and I scratch my head out of nervousness. "I-I don't think she'd want me to..." I trail off.

Tatara gave a look that said, kids these days. Eto just giggled a bit and went back to swinging her legs like when she does when she's bored.

I walk out of the room and take deep breathes, trying to get the red off of my face. It's not like I don't want to go to the festival... especially with her...

Touka POV

"What are you guys up to these days?" I asked, the Quinx squad lined up at my counter. Then knowing I'm a did make me a bit nervous, but if Sasaki trusted them so did I.

Mutsuki smiled. "We're actually gonna go to the Festival in ward 10, isn't that right, Sasaki?" He said, elbowing him.

Sasaki bit his lip out of nervousness for some reason, but I didn't know what was so nerve racking about a festival. Shirazu and Saiko were talking about something in their investigation and Urie was silent as ever.

"What about you, Touka? Gonna go to the festival?" Mutsuki asked with a grin. He's usually so shy, but maybe he got comfortable around me, which made me a bit happy to see a human do that for once.

I tap my chin and think about it. Yomo said if I wanted to go I could, that he'd watch the shop, but I don't think he's that good with customers. Maybe I should stay?

"Dunno. It'd be pretty lame to go by myself." I said, sighing.

Sasaki perked up and grew a small smile. "So... if you went with us..." he tried.

I blush lightly, but I smile, making him turn red. "If I can go with you all, that'd be fun." I said.

"T-Then let's go!" Sasaki said quickly.

"I don't know... Yomo has trouble with people..." I trailed again, thinking. But Sasaki masterfully dog eyes and put his hands in a praying motion.

"Let me expresso my feelings for you!" He said in a comical way. All of the other Quinx groan at his bad pun. But I can't help by let out a small laugh, making Sasaki look a bit hopeful.

"Okay then, sure. You all swing by tonight?" I asked, a smile lifting on me. Sasaki nodded enthusiastically and seemed to be in pure bliss for a moment, like in his own world of imagination.

As they left with their coffees, I realized something I had just agreed to.

Didn't I just plan a... date?

Levin POV

Reading magazines was more boring than I imagined. Maybe if I got a book or two... I need to ask Sassan to give me some, he has good taste in books.

I'm sitting in the lounge Nashiro is braiding Kurona's hair, both of them are silently smiling and enjoying this moment. Me on the other hand am stuck reading shitty people magazine. Damn, I'd hate to be a celebrity, having your social life all over media would be really annoying.

I throw the magazine aside and sigh, leaning more into the chair. Someone walks over to me and smile, his name is Yosuke, one of the fathers that came here recently.

He had short brown hair and hazel eyes, and a kind face. He was quiet the understanding man, and was nice to talk to. "Going to the festival tonight?" He asked, sitting down next to me.

"Festival? What for?" I asked, sitting up.

His smile didn't falter. "Sometimes it's better not to question celebration and just celebrate, don't you agree?" He asked, a riddled tone like usual.

I slowly nod and cross my arms. "I suppose so... maybe I should go... where is it?" I asked.

"In the 10th ward." He said.

The tenth ward was fresh with marketing and stuff like that, so no wonder it was where the festival was taking place. And it was close, were in he eleventh ward so it's not that far, a quick train ride and it should be A-OK.

I smile and turn to the twins. "You two wanna go?" I asked.

Nashiro and Kurona both smiled and nodded silently. Behind me I felt a lingering presence and I turned to see Rize hiding behind a door frame. She was trying to act casual when I saw her.

"You wanna come?" I asked Rize, who slowly laughed like some rich girl in a high tone.

"What would make you think I'd want to go?" She said with smirk.

"Okay then, stay. I'm sure Vin has some chores for you to do." I said with a smirk of my own.

She flinched as me and the other girls got up, she ran after us as we walked out the door.

"W-Wait for me!" She cried.

(Thank you all for hitting the milestone of 180 followers! And 36k views for this book! I'm glad you all find my hobby of storytelling a "talent", though if you ask me, my writing isn't that great. Nonetheless, I hope you enjoyed and have a wonderful day!) - MnMs171