Bitter Reunion

" Dear Lord, I'm so grateful I'm still loved."
- Vivien Leigh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Levin POV

I walked in silently. The room was quiet except for the soft hum of a heater near the bed, keeping the room more warm than outside. I look in the bed to find someone I hadn't seen in a long time.

Kurona lay in the bed, her eyes closed and hair sprawled out across the pillow. I can't help but star for a few moments, I notice that she's changed a lot since I left.

Her hair was more ruffled, not as straight as it used to be, and I noticed before when I dropped the letter off that her kakugan eye was under her control now, meaning if she recovered I could bring her some places. I could show her all the nice things about this city.

But I push those happy and naive thoughts out and sit down next to her, as I reach out for her hand, I stop and pull it back, instead just sitting there and watched her.

I lean back in the chair and sigh, I'm still thinking of what to say when she wakes up. I need to go through the surgery immediately. I've already had Doctor Quinn help take some H cells from my blood, enough to make her stop being sick. All we have to do is insert the H cells into her kagune sac, and it should reproduce.

But this only had a one tenth success rate.

I grit my teeth and run my hands through my hair. I can't think about that, it's either she dies slowly, or she has a short chance to live. Even if she does die, at least she'll be dying while trying her best to be alive.

That's all I can think to console myself right now.

If she does, then what will I do? Just rot away until Aogiri and CCG destroy this city, while V watches with smirks on their faces?

As I'm thinking this, a rustle in the bed causes me to snap my back straight up and look down at her face. Kurona slowly opened her eyes, staring up at the ceiling.

"Nashiro? Are you here?" She asked aloud, her voice sounded choked. My chest squeezed together from hearing her talk, but I answered her anyways.

"Nashiro is in the next room over... it's me, Levin." I said, keeping a straight face. I don't know if she'll even like this new me. No, not the new me the real me. Stop thinking that already!

Kurona looked over at me, making eye contact. For a long time neither of us said anything, but her hand slowly reached up after awhile, and lightly touched my cheek.

"Your cheek is... red." She wondered aloud. That's right, I was slapped pretty hard from Nashiro outside this room. But I made her back off, I didn't have time for that.

I slowly touch her hand, treating her as if she were fragile china. "Kurona... I have a way that will save you. It'll help you recover. And if it works... you'll be able to eat human food again... it's not exactly reversing your surgery... but..." I trailed off as I met her wide eyes.

What made me stop talking was that she was crying, tears falling down on her pale cheeks. "You were... you did all this for me?" She asked slowly.

"What do you mean?" I asked, feeling her hand flinch.

"You joined... Aogiri because... you wanted to find a way to reverse this symptom of mine... Vin told me... you were hurting." She said, her voice shaking a bit.

I shook my head. "I'm perfectly fine." I lied.

"Why do you care about others more than yourself? Why make yourself hurt so much?" She said, her voice sounded in pain, a sorrow washed over the room.

"I wasn't hurting at all, Kurona." I lied once again.

She slowly pushed herself into an upright position and looked me in the eyes with tears in hers. She sniffles a bit and still talked. "How can you do this to us... doing that..." she mumbled.

"What... do you mean?" I asked aloud.

She suddenly grabbed a hold of my shoulders, her eyes wide and a pained and saddened expression on her face. "How can you lie like that?!" She yelled.

Right there I froze. I didn't know what to say. Though she was right, I was lying about not being hurt. But that didn't matter, all that mattered was she was going to be alright... right?

"Your alright? Stop lying! Your eyes are dull, your hair turned black, you look pale, your tone in your voice isn't normal at all!" She kept going, saying all the different things about me. She slowly lost grip on my shoulder and began to softly hit my chest, where my heart was pumping so slowly.

"I already heard of the lab raids... and what you were seen doing..." she mumbled, making my eyes go wide.

She heard about... me killing people?

"Everyone said you weren't being yourself, that you were changing because of something in your past that you remembered! But no one would tell me, and I got so worried! So why are you still lying?!" She yelled.

I couldn't say anything.

Why did I lie to her? Usually I would tell her exactly what happened to me. But that was the fake me, right? I'm not really like that. This is how I am now, and it seems that...

I slowly stand. "The doctor I brought will be ready to do the surgery whenever you see fit... if you don't want to I understand." I said, my hair falling over my eyes.

I turn and walk towards the door.

"Where are you going now?" She said, her voice sounding pained.

I stop by the door and clench my fists. "I'm leaving."

I push the door open and close the door behind me. The hall was filled with people, all of them had been eavesdropping. Touka, Kaneki, Nashiro, and even Yomo and Rise too.

They all stared at me with sad eyes. Pity.

Anger boiled in my mind. I was no longer going to fit in around here. It was inevitable, why didn't I see it sooner? That this was going to turn out like before?

In a bad end.

I slowly push past them, none of them saying a word. As I make it upstairs, I see Ayato near the door, I give him a nod as I exit, and he follows.

"Not staying anymore?" Ayato asked.

I'm quite for a long time, then:

"I-" I start, but someone interrupts me.

"How Wonderful~!" Says a voice from behind us. Me and Ayato turn to see Tsukiyama, his hands displayed in that special way of his.

"Shu?" I wondered out loud.

Tsukiyama smiled at my acknowledgement. "Yes! How has it been, little Crow?" He asked.

"Why are you outside of Re?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Well, I was going in for some coffee, and to talk to Kaneki again. But it seems that... you are distressed." He said, smiling.

I squint at him. "What do you want from me?" I asked.

"Want? No, I just want to talk... maybe a change of scenery? How about it?" He asked, holding his hand out to me.

There was a long silence, then I turn to Ayato. "Head to where out rally point is, I'll meet you later." I said, as I turn back to Tsukiyama. "Fine. I'll come with you and talk."

Tsukiyama displayed his hands out again, calling out in happiness. "remerciement, little Crow! I promise you, you will not be dissatisfied."

(More drama and tragedy... hooray! And enter our favorite little fruit cake, Tsukiyama~! Nonetheless I hope you enjoyed and have a wonderful day!) - MnMs171