The Foolish Plan

" Let your life lightly dance on the edges of Time like dew on the tip of a leaf.
- Rabindranath Togore

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Levin POV

I remember something Vincent and me once talked about.

"What do you think would happen if Aogiri and the CCG actually went to their last battle?" I asked him, we had been playing video games in our free time during those days.

Vincent stared at the screen of the tv for a moment, then set down the controller and sighed. "There wouldn't be anything left of either side." He mumbled.

"What makes you say that?" I asked.

He shook his head and gave me a smile. "Nothing. It would be hell, that's all."

I know now that he was just trying to say that when this war came to an end, neither the CCG or Aogiri would win. Only V would truly stand on top of the corpse pile, reigning terror into everyone.

They only move their chess pieces when needed, or to play around when their bored. They treat others lives like insects that need to be stamped out if they get even in the slightest of way in their path.

If that's what they truly think of this world, then I...

I step outside of the large building, putting my mask back on. Half my body was covered in blood from the meal I had just finished. I smile down at the fighting between the doves and Aogiri.

They drove at each other like animals, never seemingly getting any closer to the truth of this fight.

The truth is that it was meaningless.

The top of the food chain has to be preserved, the humans thinking they are on top of it is a laughable matter. Ghouls who think they are the rightful owner of that title are also fools.

I release my Kagune, the color of it jet black, catching the attention of everyone within range.

What they all fail to notice is that their staring at the top of the food chain. I have Proved that. I devour to become stronger, the same as humans devour their cows and pigs while ghouls devour humans.

I will devour everything in my way of protecting anything I love.

"We've spotted the Crow!" One dove yelled into his intercom, right before my Kagune shot out and stabbed him in both his legs, leaving him screaming in pain.

I walk towards the others, Aogiri members and Doves alike looked my way as I easily dismantled anyone stupid enough to get in my way.

A dove came at me with a quinque and tried for a stab, but I grabbed the weapon with my Kagune, and snapped it under brute force. He took a step back in fear, and I just smacked him across the head with my other talon, knocking him out cold.

Aogiri members tried to walk up to me. "Did you take the throne, Crow-?!"

Before they could finish speaking I cut off their arms and legs, leaving them there. I look down at them, they all shiver and whimper, how pathetic.

"There is no throne." I said, then continue d down the path once around the building was cleared. Injuring them and making them unable to fight was my goal.

I will make them scared by showing no don't need to kill them. And once I get enough attention...

I make it to the beach, doves had captured most of it already while most Aogiri members retreated to the other end of the island and escaped through boats and such.

I grab one dove by the throat, lifting him up. "Where is Arima?" I asked.

He coughed, trying to get breath as I release a little of the pressure. "Why would I tell a monster like you?" He choked.

I smile, reaching down at his arm and grabbing it, quickly twisting it and break his arm. This caused him to start screaming, but I cover his mouth.

"Shut up, no one wants to hear that shit coming from your mouth. Now tell me where Arima is, or your legs are next. If you still don't speak after that then your eyes, then you ears, then-" I went on and on until he started to bawl.

"He isn't in the attack force!" He yelled with tears running down his cheeks.

"What?" I said after a moment.

"He was put in defense in Cochlea." He said.

My plan was foolish, I had now just realized that. Of course they'd leave the strongest and most talented to hold down the fort. And where the others are heading is...

I need to get to Cochlea... but how?

Kaneki POV

Breaking into Cochlea was much easier than I expected. We had busted through the first three floors easily without much defenses catching up with us.

The plan was simple, yet V wouldn't realize it until the last minute. If Levin made a show of fighting Owl, and we let a hint drop by to the doves that this was happening, they'd take the chance to take down both of them while their fighting on the island.

While this happens and the main attack force is away, me and the others will break into Cochlea and get Kurona out.

Ayato stands next to me as we break into the next floor. I drop down into the platform walkway and slash the guns out of the guards hands, they turn and run after that.

Ayato sighs and points downwards. "We should be two more floors until we hit where Yasuhisa is. I'll take care of this floor, you take the next, alright?" He said.

I nod and jump down to the next floor. The closed gates were shut tight, but I cut through them, pulling the metal apart so I could jump through.

Landing on the next floor platform, no guards were present. This was odd, I suspected resistance right away. I scan the walls of the cylinder like structure, but nothing comes up.

"My my, what do we have here?" Said a voice.

I slowly turn to the door at the end of the platform I'm on, to see a familiar and yet, very dumb looking smile.

Furuta seemed over-joyed to see me here.

"Why on earth are you here, Kan~eki?"

(A very short chapter, but the next one will be longer, I promise! Get ready for Kaneki vs Furuta action~! And is Arima lurking in the shadows of Cochlea? Nonetheless I hope you enjoyed and have a wonderful day!) - MnMs171