H Cell

" If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves."
- Thomas A. Edison

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Levin POV

At the moment, I'm helping Vincent move new furniture into the Nest, we have been getting some families lately, and it's getting quite packed. We have gotten over ten people, including children.

Two families, the twins, Vincent, Rize, and me. Around twelve or eleven people living in the whole complex. There are a total of three children, though they don't talk to me because they think I'm weird smelling.

None of the newbies have tried to kill me, so I think that's a good improvement. But it seems like I have barely any time to do anything for myself, I'm always working at Re or doing chores around Nest.

I guess the duties of a Crow are starting to catch up to me.

I make it to the stairs and grunt over at Vincent on the other end. "Okay, were headed up." I groan.

Vincent gives a slight nod, but doesn't say anything because we're both basically holding our breath. The only reason we're having trouble with this Damn vault is because it's full of our weapons, and we needed to move it. I grit my teeth and count.

"One... two... heave!" I said, pulling up with all my might as Vincent pushed towards me. Soon we were in the middle of the stairs. At the top, we both hear laughing.

"Wahahahaha! You both look pathetic!" Rize said at the top, putting one hand to her chin like some noble looking down at peasants.

"Why don't you help, princess?" Vincent grumbled under his breath.

I sigh and ignore her as I pull again, this time harder. With some effort, we make it to the top, Rize leaning against the wall and yawning as if she'd waited ages for us to get there.

"You love messing with us, don't you?" I said with a twitching smile.

She smiled, I couldn't tell if it was to mess with me or not, but I could sense lustful intent in it. "You know the more you whine the cute you become." She said, leaning on my side.

Vincent cleared his throat. "In sorry princess, but Levin's mine right now, he's helping me." He said with a frown.

Rize put her hands up. "Yeah yeah. Whatever you say." She said, trailing off back into her room.

Vincent tapped my shoulder, catching my attention. "Listen, don't take things like that, you can just tell her to back off." He said.

"I know. I just don't want to be a jerk." I mumbled.

"What? Don't tell me you feel sorry for her?" He said with wide eyes.

I slowly nodded and watched Vincent sigh, walking to the other side of the vault and ordering me to help. It was true, I was pitiful and felt sorry for what Rize had to go through. The torture of being harvested for turning others into half ghouls. I wonder, if this doctor found me, would he do the same thing?

A shiver goes through me thinking about it as I begin to help lifting the vault again. The hallway was silent, other than the distant laughter of children playing.

We head into a room with a bunch of computers, Vincent's New room of operations we set up. All the cameras were fully operational and we even set some other things up such as an escape tunnel leading to the sewers.

Vincent sat down with a heave after we're done with the vault and he looks at the door, pointing at it and silently telling me to close it. I do so and he clasps his hands together.

"I need to talk to you about your... certain mishaps." He said, spinning in his chair.

"Mishaps?" I asked.

"I mean why you go out of control with your Kakuja." He started, opening a bunch of tabs on blood sampling. It looked as if he stole them from CCG, how he did this was beyond me.

He spun back to me. "In a normal half ghoul, such as Eto or Sasaki, the Kakuja sometimes isn't complete unless they cannibalize more than average regular ghouls." He explained.

"But this can cause immortality with the memories and mind of the subject. Such as going insane." He said, his eyes narrowing.

I bite my lip a bit. "But I'm not like them. I don't have RC cells. I have H cells." I said.

Vincent snapped as if remembering. "Ah but that's the thing. Since you are perfect half and half, you have a membrane that doesn't belong in either humans nor ghouls, so to say, your neither of those.

"Your H cells make you a while other different species, far more evolved than both ghouls and humans. The alpha of the omega if you will. And since your perfectly half and half, your Kakuja can form without cannibalizing.

"But there's a problem with this. You've never cannibalized before, so your Kakuja has the same effect as it does with Sasaki. It messes with your mind, makes you see things."

He finishes his explanation by leaning back in his chair, stretching wide and yawning. "Damn. I'm beat." He mumbled.

"So your saying if I want to become a full Kakuja, then..." I trail off.

Vincent catches this. "I don't know if eating a normal ghoul will help finalize your Kakuja."

"Huh? Then what am I supposed to do?" I asked, confused by this statement.

Vincent's eyes went dark for a moment. "Regualr ghouls will do nothing to improve you. But eating a something that's more close to you biologically..." he trailed off.

"Your saying... I would have to cannibalize a half ghoul?" I said in a whisper of a voice.

Vincent slowly nodded and then silence came over the room. The only half ghouls in the city were the twins, Sasaki, and Eto. Not like I was planning to cannibalize, but Vincent was telling me this to make me stop using it, to make me be a little more safer.

But how is this safer when I know I can't get stronger? As I am now I can't take on even a dove of Juuzo's level.

I leave Vincent's room silently and head downstairs, into the lounge. Inside the lounge is Kurona, sitting cross legged, playing a video game alone. She doesn't notice me coming in. She's always in here with either her sister or alone...

Well, I don't have anything to do...

I slowly sit down next to her and grab a controller, Kurona looks up surprised and I give my best smile. "Can I play?" I asked.

A slight pink shade goes over her cheeks as she nods and squirms. I sigh and nod to her as if telling her it's okay, and she sits on my lap. Though now thinking about it, this is bad, she's wearing a skirt!

Don't think about what's touching you! Don't think about what's touching you!

My face is probably red right now, but I bear with it and continue with the game. I needed this I think. I haven't been able to relax for awhile, and I don't work until next Thursday...

Maybe I should spend time with her...

I mean everyone! Not just her! (-//////-)

Kurona looks up at me, a confused look on her face, but she looks back at the television and leans back into my chest, leaning her head into it. My heart beats faster and I slowly, very slowly, wrap my arms around her, pulling her closer.