Black and White (Epilogue)

Kaneki POV

About a month passed us by.

Whilst for others, they say it passed quick, but for some of us, like me, it was a dreadfully slow process. Everyone didn't talk about the yacht excavation. It's like we were all afraid to speak up. 

Back then we had just barely landed with no fuel left. The pilot was right, saying that if we had stayed we would've been shot down; or forced to land. There was no winning in that situation. In the end, CCG announced the extermination of the Crow over the news.

The chief of the CCG, or Furuta, talked into the camera's and announced this to Tokyo, and it was replied with cheers all over. The entire city seemed to be overjoyed to finally be rid of a terrorist, and a ghoul.

It wasn't announced who dealt the final blow, but we all guessed it was Suzuya and his squad. 

Levin worked as a terrorist to make people shift more to a neutral view of the One Eyed King, but in the end, now that the Crow is gone, and the CCG killed him without help of us, the people think of us the same as usual.

Ayato had kicked over some tables and nearly broke every cup in the shop when we watched the TV then, but Kurona told him to calm down. She... 

Kurona didn't cry, it looked like she had wanted to, but she didn't. After all she's been through, in truth, no matter how you look at it, she is the sole survivor of the original Nest.

To think Nest used to be a simple place for ghouls to live in peace, then it was burned to the ground by Levin.

One by one, they all died. Levin got a front row seat to all of their deaths, whilst Kurona had to deal with not being able to see their final moments. Ironic, that she didn't see his final moments either.

She left Re afterwords, without saying a word, and disappeared. 

After a week, the CCG started to "cleanse" the wards of ghouls, the CCG turned to into a killing force to be even more feared than before. 

Something new, something they called the "Oggai", children with high RC counts all under Furuta's command. 

Everything went downhill.

Making my way down the stairs to the shop, it was empty on first glance, but my eyes rested on Touka; who was looking down into an empty cup she had cleaned.

"Touka... can you make me a cup?" I asked.

We made eye contact, and she nodded.

"Yeah, there was something I'd been wondering anyway." Touka said, before making some coffee.

Noel POV

Standing in front of me was a group of people I'd rather not be introduced to. Too many faces for me to remember.

Koori Ui, my squad leader pointed at the group of individuals, the Quinx. "As of today, you will be commanding the Quinx squad; by your promotion."

I look at Ui and frown. "I don't wanna." I mutter.

"If you refuse this offer its only going to make Furuta make you work more, he's finally letting you have time off." Ui said back, patting me on the back. "Just deal with it. Your more of a handler than a squad leader anyway."

Glancing back at the group of people, they were an interesting bunch, but a few of them I could tell I wasn't going to get along with very well. 

One of them walked up to me and put his hand out in front, wanting to shake hands. The man was blonde haired, and had a very weird shark looking face and teeth, he looked stand-offish.