Clipped Wings

"The forces of retribution are always listening. They never sleep."

- Meg Greenfield

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaneki POV

The man flew back, slamming into a few other investigators who came into the garden. Ayato had rushed them immediately when they had entered.

I turn on my mic again and s[eak into it as Ayato starts to fight the other doves. "Levin, the helicopter is in sight, its over the ocean now! Get down here now!" I yelled into the machine.

It took a moment to get the response I wanted. "Roger that. Give me a minute." 

Judging from the strain in his voice, he was having trouble of his own. Ayato finished kicking one of the doves in the face, knocking him out before turning back to me with a frown. 

"This'd be easier if you allowed us to kill them." He said, frustrated at the way he had to fight.

"If we kill then it'd give them more reason to hate us." I exclaimed, before kneeling down next to the unconscious doves and taking his com.

On the other end a bunch of chatter was rumbling about, but one stood out. Info that Juuzou and his squad was on the ship. I knew how talented he and his squad was, if we didn't get out of here before making contact with them this will turn into even more of a mess.

Then, on the com, a dove announced something that caught my intention.

"The bureau chief and his guards have arrived." Someone said.

Furuta? What was he doing here? Either he wanted to try and kill us and see it with his own eyes, or he is leading from the front to get a PR blast. The very thought made me sick.

He had guards now? Probably people from V, people who weren't who they show they are. 

I shook the thought, the helicopter circled around the boat, searching for the garden. As it did, chatter rose in the CCG on coms. Talk of identifying it came about, then of shooting it down. I spoke into out mic to the pilot quickly.

"Get us quick! We don't have much time before they decide to blow you out of the sky!" I yelled. The pilot gave me a short affirmation of he heard my warning, and flew over the garden.

The ladder fell near the middle of the garden, and by now, the CCG were yelling into their coms to shoot it down. But gladly someone mentioned that if it was taken down, the chopper would crash into the boat or a boat nearby with CCG on board.

Ayato sparred no time in getting to the ladder and started to climb. As I grabbed the ladder I glanced at the direction we left Levin to his own devices. Where is he?

Levin POV

Beethoven really was a great music composer. The rhythm stuck in my head, playing all the instruments rang through my head even as I dodged the first swings of Juuzou's scythe.

Quickly, I jumped over the control panel I was just standing at, and to the window overlooking the deck. Juuzou followed without hesitation, trying for an overhead slash at me. Stepping aside, he hit the window, making the shattered glass rain down like a quick drizzle of rain.

Seeing my chance, I jumped down out of the window, Juuzou even followed after me when doing this. The wind tonight was cold, winter was showing it's colors once more.

Rolling to control my landing, I pushed myself up to run but then stopped in my tracks, a bunch of doves around me. I didn't look below before jumping, and I just landed in between a group of doves.