Failure

"The different between you and me is that when you wake up, your nightmare ends."
- Anonymous

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Levin POV

"This is the place?" Nashiro said, giving me a confused look as we stood behind a few bushes and trees. In the middle of the mountain overlooking Tokyo, was a large observatory, and from Vincent's journal, this was a spot where V would restock themselves.

The latest news in the journal was that it was being used to make quinque for human V members working inside of the CCG. I glance at my watch to check the time.

"Positive. Vincent wouldn't lead me in the wrong direction." I said, placing my mask over my face and putting on gloves.

Nashiro does it also, soon after Rize follows in suit. We got her a mask this time, shaped as a fox. She crossed her arms and looked over at the main entrance.

"I take it were not going in the front?" She asked. But I stood and walked out into the open.

"You aren't. I'll be going in the front, you two head to the east side of the observatory, there should be a basement." I explained, as I walked towards the entrance without them arguing with my decisions.

I've noticed that many people don't question my actions anymore, makes me feel all the too much like a dictator. Being nightfall during the winter, the cold threatened to pierce my skin with every tiny gust of wind that went through the trees.

I nonchalantly walk up to the front door and stand there for a moment, stretching. Then I do the polite thing and knock three times. I wait patiently, then a slot opens about my eye length, peering out is a man with a shaved head.

He states at me for a moment, then his eyes grow wide with surprise. "Your-!"

Before he could finish I kicked the door, making it fly open and hitting the man square in the face. He clenched his nose as blood dripping out of it. Grabbing his neck I pull him to his knees.

He starts to struggle, so I imply some motivation for him to settle down a bit with a nice knee to his right side, breaking his ribs. This guy is human...

He grunted and yelled a bit with the pain. I cover his mouth and put a finger to mine. "Shh, just be quiet and answer my question and I'll let you go without anymore pain." I said.

He nodded, I could see tears welling up in his eyes, and whimpered like a dog with its fur shaved.

"Who's in charge of this facility?" I questioned, beginning to pull at his ear. He panicked.

"I-I don't know his name! I just know he's in charge of this place and he's nuts. That's all I know." He said with a panicked persona, his eyes shaking with terror.

I slap his face a bit after he started to spasm a bit. "Ah ah ah! No going into shock just yet. Those ribs I broke probably punctured an organ, if your lucky maybe just your liver. If it's your lung... well, you won't live long." I exclaimed, pulling his ear harder, until the skin started to whiten.

"Okay okay! I'm okay! Listen, I just know where he is, I was just told to watch the door! I swear!" He said, gritting his teeth with pain.

"Where then?" I asked, pulling his ear farther, until it started to bleed. He screamed in pain and I stopped, waiting for him to answer.

"Down a floor, in the labs. Should be a room called Reserves. He likes it there most of the time." He said.

I smile under my mask a chuckle, patting him on the head. "Alright. That wasn't too hard, was it?" I said, walking towards the elevator.