Levin Seto

"Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;

Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'

Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;

Man got to tell himself he understand."

- Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

??? POV

The walls of the corridors were covered in blood. Stepping past some severed limbs and even half of a mans head, I walked into an open room which I assumed was the cafeteria. The whole room smelled of blood; the metal like aroma overwhelmed my senses.

The figure in the corner was familiar. A grown man with long dark blue hair. I clenched my suitcase in my right hand and set the one in my left hand down on the floor.

This movement made a slight sound, getting a frozen reaction from the ghoul in front of me. Clicking open my briefcase, my weapon forming perfectly into my hand. The ghoul made eye contact through his kakuja's mask which had almost completely devoured him.

So, the Crow left you here.

"Ryuunosuke. I came to keep my promise." I said, aiming my weapon at him. A long range type, formed into closely relating a pistol.

He made a weird sound, one mixed of confusion and rage. He didn't like the look of quinque's, he could still understand they were a threat. I straightened my glasses on the bridge of my nose, and aimed.

Without a waited movement, he jumped straight at me, swinging his two kakuja covered arms, formed into large objects with barbs connected to them. I stepped to the side, and shot my first bullet. My arm reeled back from the kick of the shot.

The bullet ripped through one of his arms, the kakuja kagune covering him started to grey, and wither away. I take this small opening, and walk right next to him, grabbing his arm and putting my gun to his shoulder.

Firing another bullet, his skin twisted and his bones cracked. He yelled inn pain as he lost an arm, it had fallen off from the second shot.

Now with one arm without a kagune around it, and the other gone; made my job easier. Moving quickly I aimed at his head, and pulled the trigger.

Another sound of a gun being fired filled the room, echoing through the halls.

I lowered my gun and looked down a the ghoul. Blood drenched and pooled underneath the corpse. placing my gun on my side, I leaned down next to the him and frowned.

"I guess the past always crawls back for retribution, Ryuunosuke." I mumbled, placing my hand on his chest, then standing.

As I grabbed my other suitcase, my mic in my ear ringed out with the operators voice.

"Noel, sir! The Crow is close to wearing down Suzuya! Where are you?" The operator yelled in desperation. His loud voice was giving me a headache.

Scratching my head I took a deep breath and talked into the mic. "This is Noel. I took care of a kakuja inside the ships innards. What are my orders?" I said.

The other end of the mic someone else answered.

"This is Furuta. Noel, go back up Suzuya. I bet your itching to hunt more?" Said the bureau chief. on the other end. Just listening to his voice irritated me. But this was good, it's what I was going to do anyway.

"Roger." I mumbled into the mic, then shut it off.

Glancing back at Ryuunosuke's body, I clenched the briefcase that had yet to be opened and began to walk away. "I'll fulfill the rest of my promise, Ryuunosuke."