She's Hungry! (For Me!)

" Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
- Martin Luther King Jr.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Levin POV

As I caught Nashiro in my arms, she breathed heavily, and by the sight of her face, it looked like she was in pain. I panicked, I looked around for a thermometer or something to check if she was sick (do ghouls get sick?).

But my panic is interrupted by her suddenly sniffing my chest very seductively. I froze and stared at her. Nashiro's eyes were dulled, as if she were still half asleep. I flinch a nervous smile.

"U-Um... Yasuhisa-chan?" I said, using her last name just in case, and it saved me from being embarrassed.

She groaned and sniffed again, pushing me into the wall. She basically crawled up me, up to my face, and my neck. I flinch, my face going aflame with blush.

She smelled nice... Like honey.

I shake my head to get it straight and try to pry her off of me, but as she clings into me, I can't get her off without hurting her and I don't want to do that to Kurona's sister she cares so much for.

"Smells... nice..." She murmured as she opened her mouth to take a bite. I close my eyes and get ready for the pain, but suddenly, she is tackled off. I look at the floor and see Vin putting Nashiro into a hold.

Nashiro looked fully awake after that, clawing at the floor, Vin was having trouble keeping her down. Her ghoul eye pulsed with dark veins, meaning she was starving, saliva coming out of her mouth.

I shiver in a short fear taking over me. Vin turns to me quickly as he tightens the hold as the best he can. "Get something from the fridge!" He yelled.

I nod and run out of the room, to the kitchen, just as I get to the locked fridge I start to put the combo in. It has a combo on it just in case of doves investigating this place if we're gone.

I hear a scramble and things smashing in the med room, and out came shambling Nashiro, she glared at me with an intensity that made me go much faster. She slowly walked towards me, she wants to eat me! Oh Shit!

I fumble with the lock, and it clicks open, I swing the door open and jump inside the giant fridge. I grab at one of the bodies, but a hand grabs my shoulder, I fling the body around me, into Nashiro.

As she fell with it, her nose flared and her eyes went wide as she stared at the corpse, digging in. Even though I serve them meat all the time, watching them eat raw makes me wanna puke. I grab my mouth and run out of the fridge, leaving Nashiro in the fridge with all the food.

I calm down as I hear Rize come down the stairs, looking in the fridge. "What a trouble maker..." she sighed, putting a hand to her cheek.

"Yeah... That... scared the... crap outta me..." I said between puffs of air, catching my breath.

Rize looks at me and smirks. "Is it really that scary when a ghoul eats raw? I think it's quite the beautiful thing." She said.

"Please shut up for a moment." I said plainly as I got up and peered inside, Nashiro seemed to be done, breathing heavily, wiping the blood off on her ragged clothes.

Rize peers from behind me, trying to get a good look at her. I push her out of the way and walk in, tapping her shoulder cautiously. She turns quickly, blood covered her mouth and jawline. I take out a towel without flinching and hand it to her, trying to smile the best I could.

"Do you want to see your sister, Yasuhisa-chan?" I said, as I did this, Nashiro nods slowly, hugging herself as if to hide. She covered her eye, hiding it from me so I couldn't see.

She probably thought I was human, judging by my smell. And I could tell she thought I hated her for trying to eat me. By now I'm so used to ghouls trying to take a bite outta me that I'm good at putting in the past, besides, she was starving.

I hold out my hand, making her eyes go wide. "Don't worry, I think your is pretty." I said with a gentle feeling.

Nashiro blushed a bit, nodding slowly, she was more silent than her sister. That or she was just really shy at the moment. But she takes my hand, and I help her out of the fridge. Vincent came out of the medical room, rubbing his bruised head.

"Damn, I knew she'd be hungry... but not that hungry... whatever, get her to her sister, I'm starting the operation tonight with Sasaki." He said, waving as he started for the door.

I stop him by calling out. "Your still not gonna let me help?" I asked.

He glanced over his shoulder, and bit his lip. "Not until I know you control your own demons, Lev." He said plainly as he opened the door and left.

Rize snickered at that, and I glare at her. "What are you laughing at?" I asked with sarcasm.

She basically moved so lightly, it looked like she slides towards and behind me, wrapping her arms around my shoulders, pressing against my back, making me blush.

"I'm just enjoying the show, Lev~in!" She said with a musical voice as she slipped off of me and into the living room. I sigh and lead Nashiro up the stairs to Kurona's room. Nashiro seemed to be nervous and blushing quite a bit.

"What's wrong, Yasuhisa-chan?" I said, not used to the honorific.

She looked down at where our hands were linked, and I instantly blushed again. Today is going to be the death of me. I let go of her hand right as we get to the door, and I point at it.

Nashiro opened it and slid in, and looked back at me as if I were going inside too. I shake my head with a smile. I should give them room to catch up, besides, I'd be too awkward for that situation.

I close the door gently as I hear a conversation go out and some sobs of joy from the both of them. I smile gently as I turn to leave. But I run into the annoyance again.

Rize puts her hands across my hand and smiles, licking her lips. "Don't you look happy?" She said looking at the door to where the twins were. "Family is a wonderful thing... for idiots." She said with disgust.

I snap a bit, glaring at her. "Leave then alone, Rize." I warned.

She giggled. "Ah fine... but you know... your job as Crow just got bigger... if your precious Kurona sees her sister die because of your inability to protect this place... it'll be all your fault." She said as she whispered into my ear.

I push her off. "Shut up!" I said in a warning tone once again.

Rize still didn't stop, gliding around me, whispering and messing with me. "C'mon, Levin-kun~, I know you. I know that you envy them, being family. It sickens you deep down, makes you jealous that they have family and you don't." She said.

I open my eyes with pure rage and push her forcefully back, pinning her against the wall. She seemed surprised, staring at me as I held both her hands on the wall and my knee in between her legs.

"If you say another word..." I said, my tone in that demon like one from when I go into my Kakuja. Rize flinched from hearing this.

"I'll be the one to eat you." I said, making her flinch once again. We stood there, frozen as I let her go and walked down the hall, my breathing going back to normal and making my ghoul go back into that dark abyss where it came from.

Maybe Vin was right...

I change help him until I can control my own demons.