The Fight Draws Near

"Out of difficulties grow miracles."
- Jean De La Breye're

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Akira POV

The graveyard had a solemn feel to it yesterday. The funeral was held quickly, and most of the people that came were from the CCG. No family members came.

Kuki Urie had died under the line of duty, being shot down visiting his dead subordinates grave one evening in the spring. The rest of the Quinx did not say anything during the funeral.

Shirazu, after the funeral, had been appointed to first class title, with Mutsuki as his right hand man. This was the final straw for them, I thought.

The death and despair in their eyes, not a single tear. They must be holding back. I did not Urie that well, but I do know he changed from the time he first was under Sasaki.

A good man.

Now I'm standing in my office, today at work was grim. All the higher ups are investigating, but there's no proof on who did it, no footprints or finger prints. The killer had a specialty in what he did.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. But why would anyone want to kill an investigator? Maybe it was a ghoul that wanted to keep his identity hidden, so he used a firearm?

That would make sense, but which ghoul? No matter how or where you look, it was impossible to find an answer. And that fact pissed me off.

As I ponder this in my head, the door opens, showing a white haired man with glasses. Arima stepped in with the same blank face as always. "The meeting is almost ready." He said shortly.

"Yeah, I'll be there in a few minutes." I said, getting out of my chair and staring out the window.

Arima stood there for a moment, I turn to him in question. "What is it, Arima?" I asked.

"Is something bothering you?" He asked shortly.

I rub my temples. "I guess... do you know of anything Urie was in before he was killed?" I asked out of curiosity.

Arima didn't even budge an inch, but answered after a second or two. "No."

He then turned around and headed back to the door. "The investigation of Kuki Urie's death has been dropped." He said.

This grabs my attention. "Dropped?! It hasn't even been that long!" I said in anger.

Arima didn't turn around, but said something back at me. "Its an order from the higher ups, Mado. Drop it." He said.

He then left, leaving me with an uneasy feeling of an empty truth that I was missing. And that shiver that went down my spine when he left...

What's going on around here lately?

Levin POV

The stench of blood.

I looked down the alleyway and saw a sight worth remembering. About three bodies were torn to shreds, all the limbs were scattered and blood caked the concrete and walls.

Ayato and Rize stood on both my sides, both looked very disgusted. "This isn't pretty." Rize mumbled.

And here I thought you liked blood. But I keep the comment to myself and walk into the alley, checking the bodies. I sigh when I see ones head.

"These are definitely our guys." I said with displeasure.

Ayato punched a wall in frustration. "Dammit! Right when things were dying down too..." he trailed off when he saw something farther down the alley.

I follow his gaze and freeze up when seeing a giant message displayed with blood on the alleyway wall. Me and the others walked up to it, and in big letters, it read:

It's Time, little Crow.

After the message was a scratch mark left by a kagune. She did this. Eto.

I swallowed and turned to Ayato, "Clean this up, I'm heading to Re to tell the others... the time has come." I said with a dark voice.

Ayato pursed his lips. "You can't seriously think we can fight Aogiri in a fair fight, right?" He asked.

"No, that's why this is a invitation to a one on one fight." I said, looking back up at the lettering. Rize looked a bit worried, hugging her shoulders.

She mumbled, "I don't like this."

I didn't like it either, but it was the only way we were getting Aogiri off our backs. I would have to fight Eto for the last time. If I can defeat her, then Aogiri falls.

At least I hope.

I walk back to the car with Rize, leaving Ayato with some of the other people to clean up. We climb in and behind driving back to the cafe.

Rize speaks up while in the car. "Are you sure your up to it?" She asked.

I bite my lip. "Yes." I answered shortly.

"But she's probably the most powerful half ghoul out there... look, I just don't want you to go dying on us, okay?" She said, glancing over at me. "Not after all we've been through."

"Yeah. I don't plan on dying." I said with a nervous grin.

If it's a fight to the death you want Eto, then your going to get it. Most likely she wants me to meet her on her island, Regret Island. I know this isn't a trap, she's too stubborn to share.

I clench the steering wheel and frown. She isn't a friend, remember that Levin, I told myself. She is the enemy, someone who threatens your home and friends.

That means she must be, eliminated.

. . .

We got to Re even later than anticipated. The drive from the place we were was longer than I thought. I stepped out of the car after parking in the back and sighed, looking up at the moon.

Maybe this will be the last night I see... no, stop thinking like that. I can win. I have just as much power as she does, and she knows it. I can't hold back against her, not even a little.

We entered the cafe, with it being dark. Rize was about to say goodnight, but suddenly a knock was heard at the back door. I raised an eyebrow at Rize, who shrugged in return.

I slowly walked up to the door and cracked it open. At first I don't see anything, so I'm about to close it back up, but a foot is jammed into the door.

Then I notice the small girl standing outside, she was so small I didn't notice her! How old is this girl? What's she doing out at this time of night?

"Um, yes?" I asked.

The girl talked quickly. "Are you Kaneki Ken or Levin Seto?" She asked.

I squinted at her, getting ready just in case to release my kagune. "I'm Levin... who's asking?"

She held out a USB drive to me suddenly with a straight face. "I have a package for you."

(Oh cliff hangers, and more epic fights to come. It took me some time to get this out, but thank god I did. Nonetheless I hope you enjoyed and have a wonderful day!) - MnMs171