Initiation

" Those who are free of resentful thoughts surely find peace."
- Buddha

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Levin POV

Coming to Aogiri was my own doing. It wasn't what I had imagined, working with them. But when I first came here they all looked at me either fear or resentment.

But it went a little like this...

Two days ago...

Walking up to the fences, surrounding the large building. The place look abandoned and filled with moss and mold. The fence was rusted, so I easily kicked at it and it bent.

I grabbed onto the fence and ripped a part of it off where it seemed to be loose. I crawled through and walked into the opening.

Before me was a large flat cemented courtyard, leading into a short path to the front door of the abandoned building. Looking at it whole, the place gave off a very creepy vibe.

Wind blew and I rubbed my hands together to fight the cold. It felt as if needles were tearing into my skin and wiggling around. I had to keep my hands warm or else I might get frost bite.

With a storm heading this way, thunder clapped in the distance. I hurried to the door, walking up the steps and grabbing hold of the handle.

I half expected to see Aogiri members already, but to my surprise I had seen nothing yet. I slowly push the door open, sending an echo of a large creaking door through the building.

I took one step into the building, looking both right and left before entering fully. This is the place Eto said to go if I wanted to take up her offer.

I felt pretty stupid for taking the bait, this could be a trap. But if it was then I'm obviously gonna take her down with me, if that's possible.

Seems I'm screwed either way.

I walk to the reception desk, now abandoned and dusty. The wooden desk was molded from water leaking in from the recent storms.

I look around and find a bell you'd use to get the receptionist' attention. I slowly wave my hand on top of it and press the bell quickly, out of habit.

The ring echoes through the halls, and there is still silence.

I sigh, maybe she was playing a harmless trick on me? No... if it was a trick, then she'd be here herself to tell me I fell for it... then maybe try to cut me in two.

I hear a slight movement behind me I quickly duck, seeing a kagune crystal fly over my head. I turn on my heel to see Ayato standing there, her kagune out in full spread.

He grit his teeth and ran at me. Seems this is a trick or...

I dodge his first strike, then grab his arm, spinning around and kneeling him in the side. He takes a step back, then quickly punches me in the chin, sending a vibration through my skull.

I grab his hand that had hit me and pull him forward, and head butt him right in the forehead. But now seeing that was a bad idea, my head spinning, me and Ayato both stand for a second or two waving our heads about, trying to recover.

I recover first and kick him in the chest, hard, sending him into the wall. Dust fell from the ceiling as he hit the wall, making me think this place might fall apart if we fought any further.

But Ayato ignored the damage of the building and bounded off the wall, sending a fist into my gut. I cough up some saliva, but quickly recover and grab his hair, throwing his face into the reception desk, sending moldy splinters everywhere.

With his head stuck in the desk, in land a kick in his gut, making him grunt on pain. I pull out my gun and aim it at his face as he gets out, making him freeze.

After a brief silence, I hear clapping.

I turn my head down the hall to see a small figure dressed up in a mummy like stature, a red robe over her body. A smirk was under those wrappings.

"What is this, Eto?" I said in a warning tone.

Eto giggled. "Only to see how good you were. You didn't even use your kagune. Impressive you could defeat Ayato without one and only your gun." She prodded.

Seeing the situation, I slowly put my gun down from Ayato' face and put it back into my jacket. I then held my hand out to him, he stared at it, then slowly took it, letting me help him up.

"Listen... never go for a head butt again." Ayato said, rubbing his head.

"Noted." I mumbled.

Ayato nodded to the gun. "Why use that thing?" He asked.

I smirked. "What? Don't like that I pulled it out? Think it unfair?" I asked.

Ayato gave a grunt and walked down the hall. "Whatever, do whatever, I'm out of here." He mumbled.

I watch him go then turn back to Eto, who was now sitting on the reception desk, swinging her legs about. I stare at her for a long time, then walk beside her and lean on the reception desk, sighing.

"What? Was that some sort of allegiance right or something?" I asked.

Eto smiled. "I suppose so. Usually we have you kill a human and eat them whole for initiation, but I knew you'd object." She said, making it sound normal.

"I see... so your going to expose V?" I asked, taking a glance at her.

"I suppose you could call it that... I just want to make it clear that balance isn't something I agree with. This world belongs to Ghouls, and we shouldn't bend a knee to humans one bit." She said.

"But can you get me Kanou?" I asked, making sure my voice doesn't sound worried or hurried at all.

Eto looked over at me. "Yes. We already know where he is, it's just that I knew you'd want to take a crack at him." She said, jumping off the desk and prancing around.

"He has a series of labs V has set up for him, he happens to be in a lab in the 19th ward at the moment." She explained. Then her eyes went to mine and she walked over, cupping my face in her hands.

"And you'll have him, I promise you. I'll give you everything, Levin. Just leave it to me." She said with a soft voice.

"I can still come along on these raids, right?" I said, letting a small smile loose.

Her smile grew and she let my face go, walking down the hall with a bounce to her step, as if this pleased her.

"Of course. Now let's go, I'm getting so excited just thinking about it~!" She called.

Present day...

And now I'm here, the rain falling hard, and most had settled in to cover our approach on the lab. I jump the wall and land in the inner west side.

I walk up to the door and open it, allowing Aogiri members to rush past me and kill two guards that were too surprised to act quickly enough.

I look down at their bodies and brush past them, heading to the next room.

Even if I search room by room...

I'll find you, Kanou.

(With Levin' motivation still unclear, Aogiri starts the raid on the first lab that Kanou has control over. What will the rest of the world do as this happens? Will they watch, or get involved? Nonetheless I hope you enjoyed and have a wonderful day!) - MnMs171