Clown Parade

"If we don't want to be taken from, we've got no choice but to take from others. It's how the world works."
- Kaneki Ken (Tokyo Ghoul :re)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kurona POV

We walked on the street, only to be met with the sight of explosions and flying limbs in all directions. This move wasn't made by Nest, it had to be from the Clowns, as our Intel told us.

I glanced to my side over at Kaneki, who looked at all of us. "I'm going to find Levin. You all take care of things here. Ayato and Nishiki, come with me." He said.

We all nod as he and the other two run off. I turned back to the crowd of chaos and bit my lip. "Always leaves the hard tasks to us, doesn't he?" Seidou mumbled.

I smiled a bit. "No, they probably have the harder task."

"You can go with them, we got this." Seidou said, he probably knew I wanted to go find Levin also. I shook my head and gave him a reassuring look.

"No, I can do this." I said, facing the chaos again.

Tsukiyama smiled, and released his kagune. "Then let the petals fly, my young flowers!" He said as he ran in, slashing down them down one at a time swiftly.

Me and the others gave each other a look, and Hinami spoke as she charged also. "W-What he said?"

We all followed.

Levin POV

The first few strikes got me good, each sword stabbing me through the joints where my legs and arms bent, making me off balance. But I quickly built up my speed, and began to block their attacks.

I ducked under a blade and grabbed it, kicking that one in the gut, sending him down the hall. I then threw the sword at another, who dodged the sword and uppercut my shoulder, sending blood spewing out of my wound.

Gritting my teeth I grab he leg with my talon and slam him into the wall, and just as I'm about to finish him off, another two swords slash me across the back.

I let out a cough, blood developing in my lungs. If I let them take me down, I'll be taken to Re! I can't let that happen. That man! Hirako, he has my pendant!

I will have it!

Turning around, my eyes glowed a dark red, sending veins across my face, staring straight at Hirako, who was calmly standing at the back of the group, a sword in one hand in the other the pendant.

Trying to bait me? Let a see that blank look of yours disappear when I kill some of your teammates! Plunging one of my talons into the ground, I rip the marble apart, flinging shards everywhere, and making them all cover their eyes.

In that time I rush forward on one and punch him square in the face, then knee his gut. I expected him to recoil, but instead he recovered, and jumped out of the way of my talon coming down on him, and used that instant to slash my across the eyes.

My sight went red. In that moment, flashes of that room came back, the counting, and a particular day he had come in, Tokage had a special tool.

"Your eyes are very special, not having the black like a normal ghouls. So I'm going to pluck them out today." He had said, before shoveling out both my eyes as I screamed at the top of my lungs. The memory made my head ache, and the pain come back.

My kagune went into a frenzy, about ten talons at once flinging around the corridor and smashing into the walls. I heard them all yelling to get out of there and to dodge. I don't even know if I hit any of them, but all that went through my mind was the pain.

As my sight allow came back, I took deep breaths and looked up at them. They all seemed alright, except one or two who I had hit, but not killed. Injured some. Not enough.

I need to calm down, think Dammit! This is like fighting a bunch of Arima's for God's sake!

"Get around him. I'll take the front." One of them said, his hood was off, revealing his face.

He had messy black hair, and a bland looking face. But he looked like just a kid, a teenager. What type of people are in 0 squad? Hirako spoke from behind the group at the boy.

"Yusa, be careful." He warned.

The boy, Yusa just nodded at this. He had a long sword in his hands, the blade was long. The way he holds it, he is no amateur. He spoke back to Hirako as he got into stance.

"I know. I just want to know how strong he is." Yusa said, he let out a small breath, then charged.

I tried to slash at him, but he quickly spun and parried my attack, pushing it to the side. His speed, it's incredible! In the moment of disarray, he uppercut my chest, sending more blood into the air.

The wound began closing quickly, as another talon tried to grab the sword, but Yusa pulled it away, and locked his leg behind mine, tripping me off balance.

Again he hit me, this time in the hip with a quick jab. He back off then, and examined his blade. "So the rumors were true. Your skin is tougher than a normal ghouls. It's harder to cut." He said.

"And your talons... I could tell when I parried you, that their extremely dense with your H cells. I'd need a quinque made of H cells to break it, not an RC one like this." He exclaimed, looking down at his blade. "In an elongated battle, I would surely lose against you. But..."

He trailed off, then from behind me another attacked came. I black the attack with one talon, while another blocks Yusa's attack from the front.

"We don't have time for that." He said, his eyes dead serious.

I meet his eyes, with my broken mask, he could see the red glow. "Your right. We don't." I said.

From underneath, a red kagune bursts through and hits Yusa in the side. In that moment, I kick him in the gut to push him back. They all look around confused.

I smiled. "Thanks Rize."

In my com piece I hear her chuckle. "I'm coming in."

From the window, broke in Rize, who was recently underneath us, and provided aid. Thank god she made it in time. With this surprise, she quickly pushed past some 0 squad, and snatched the pendant after stabbing Hirako's weapon out of his hand.

"Out the window!" I ordered, then jumped, head first out the window. Glass shattered around me, and as I fell, Rize was above me falling also.

As I approached the ground, I stabbed into the building to delay the fall. Soon we both came to a halt about two floors from the ground.

We landed safely, and Rize handed me the pendant with a smile. "Was my entrance great or what?" She said excited.

I let out a small chuckle. "That was reckless... but I went with it so, so what?" I said shrugging it off and grabbing the pendant. I felt like opening it right that moment, but I held back.

"We're leaving right? They won't be far behind." Rize warned. I nod at her suggestion and put the pendant in my pocket. Whatever secrets lie in there will have to wait.

We began running to the car, when suddenly it was flipped, sent flying into the air. I froze and starred at a man I had never seen before.

He was wearing a masquerade mask that was white with a black top hot. He wore a black duster coat, and formal shoes. Behind him were a few more in coats and different masks.

"Who are you?" I asked, taking a step back.

He smiled. "My boy, I am a messenger for V. My name is Kaiko." He said.

"Messenger!?" I mumbled. "What message?"

He smiled, and snapped his fingers as tons more men in black suits came out of hiding, surrounding us.

"This one."

(Levin and Rize are surrounded by V. Will they be able to slip out of this troubling encounter? Will Goat pull through the battle unscathed? Nonetheless I hope you enjoyed and have a wonderful day!) - MnMs171