Looming Darkness

" One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood."
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Levin POV

Heading through the hall, I find myself at a door. Eto had told me not to come to this part of the base, and I know she's hiding something from me.

I don't like secrets not being told to me.

I open the door slowly, and let my eyes dawn on something I didn't quite expect. This room was only a small one really, in the middle was two figures.

One stood over the other, stabbing the other with a scalpel. That was... that dove Amon knew, Seidou. His white hair was in a mess, and his pale skin almost matched it.

In a chair, sat someone else that I vaguely was familiar with, that Quinx that was with Kaneki, Urie was his name? Kuki Urie.

He was injured a lot, blood pooled below the chair he sat in. Has Eto captured him and not told me about it? What's the purpose of this?

I walk in the room and close the door behind me. "What is this, Seidou?" I asked.

Seidou turned and gave me a frown. "Ah, just the friggin Crow... Eto's new favorite." He said with disgust.

Or was that jealousy?

"I don't have time for your messed up little head, Seidou. Why is Kuki Urie here?" I asked, nodding at the man in the chair.

Seidou smiled. "Eto didn't tell you because she thought you wouldn't like this. Was she right? Are you too soft to let this happen?" He said with a smirk.

Was he trying to say he was better than me?

"Yeah. But I'm not what you would call soft. I just don't see the point of this. How does this benefit us?" I asked, walking around to get to the back of the chair and look at his injuries closer.

Seidou didn't say anything, but frowned again, gritting his teeth in anger. "I don't like Crow', their disgusting, and eat garbage."

"Garbage... I eat half ghouls, so your garbage? I never knew." I said with a sarcastic tone.

He suddenly let out his kagune and rushed me while screaming at the top of his lungs. It seemed I made him quite angry. I let mine come loose and easily grab his, slicing through it like butter. How pathetic...

I get in his face and whisper.

"Try that again and I take both your arms." I whispered, my voice chilling the air around us. Seidou backed off for a moment, gritting his teeth still.

I look down at Urie and kneel to his face. "Hey... you want out of here?" I asked.

Urie slowly looked up at me, half of his face was covered in caked on blood. But he nodded slowly, showing he still had his sanity. I'm surprised he wasn't broken yet.

I undo the straps and am about to help him up out of the chair when I hear quick movement behind me. Why does no one ever listen to my warnings?

I turn and find that Seidou is jumping at me, trying to grab my neck. I quickly grab both his wrists and pull him forward, and head butt him in the nose, causing it to squirt blood.

He groaned in pain for a moment, then I twist his wrists, sighing. "This is what happens..." I began.

I then twisted his arms so much, that they slowly were pulled off, leaving only his collar bones left. He screamed, but I grabbed his face and made him stop.