Women Are Needy

" Thinking will not overcome fear but action will."
- W. Clement Stone

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sasaki POV

"New investigation?" I asked, tidying up my papers so they stack up perfectly.

Across from me sits Akira Mado. Her bored look seems to subside whenever she talks with someone she can handle, like me. She once told me I reminded her of a man she once knew.

Akira sighed. "Yes. I would like you to start to look into Nut Cracker again. We pushed you off that case because we thought another squad could handle it, but we lost connection with them when they finally pursued her." She explained.

I gulp. "Well... the Quinx don't really have an assignment right now... but is it possible that we can get someone else?" I asked nervously.

Akira glanced at me with a questionable look. "Oh, questioning your superior isn't like you, Haise. Did something happen?" She asked.

I decline my reaction to flinch, and hold my surprise in. Akira could read me like a book sometimes.

"It's just that Nut Cracker... crushes... y'know..." I said uncomfortably.

Akira smirked. "Afraid if you lose to her she'll cut them off and eat it for breakfast?" She said with a dangerous and joking tone.

I cringe just thinking about it. "Y-Yeah, I guess."

"Still, no. I can't give you anyone else because their all taken." She explained, crossing her legs and leaning on the desk she sat at.

This catches my attention. "Who has Serpent?" I asked.

Akira seemed confused. "I don't know why your so interested with Serpent, but I hear Juuzo will be taking that assignment once he's finally out of the hospital from the Crow."

"The Half Ghoul?" I asked slowly. Levin seemed to have gotten into a really nasty fight with Juuzo. Juuzo himself had to get his insides put back in the right places.

How can he take so much damage even though he's a human? Maybe he just has that type of presence, one that can't be snuffed out so easily. Either way, Levin got the hell beat outta him also, but he's fine since his healing kicked in full gear.

"Haise? You listening?" Akira said, leaning forward and speaking near my face. I flinch and shake my head slowly, making a small scratch of my cheek.

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked.

Akira pointed at the door. "You obviously have some work to do, so you can leave now." She said.

I nod and stand, giving a short bow before heading to the door. Akira calls out before I walk out.

"Haise! If somethings on your mind, you can tell me, y'know?" She said, giving a worried look that made me smile.

I nod again and close the door behind me, walking down the hall. So Nut Cracker huh? Well, this is gonna suck. Time to tell the others.

Levin POV

I walk down the street, my right and left side both having a feeling of warmth and softness on them. I smile nervously as people (mostly men) give me death glares.

"U-Um girls? Don't you two think you should give me some space or something?" I mumbled, urging Kurona and Nashiro to stop clinging on my arms. People are gonna think I'm some sort of young pimp or something.

They both have blank looks as they respond in unison.

"No." They both said.

I flinch and back off in defeat, taking on all of the glares I get. Damn, I go out to get some coffee and they decide to come. Sorry, but this isn't my idea of relaxing! I was planning on going alone so I could relax!

I needed to clear my head before I started the Torso "operation" we were gonna do. I already talked with Vin about it and he said he'd help catch the bastard. To lure Serpent out we need to first capture Torso.

Maybe then we can find out why Serpent wants Torso so badly. I turn the street into a long side walk, leading to all different types of stores. The girls both let go of my arms and descend on a shop, looking through the glass with gleaming eyes.

I can see where this is going...

"W-What are you guys looking at?" I asked, preparing my wallet for bankruptcy.

Kurona points inside. I flinch and almost laugh. "You guys wanna cosplay? Aren't you guys a bit too monotone for that?" I ask.

Nashiro crosses her arms. "Hear that, Kurona. He doesn't think we'll look good." She said in the same monotone and straight face.

Kurona frowned and made a pouty face. "That's mean."

Their guilt tripping me! No! I won't let them get it their way-

After vigorously losing and buying everything they wanted...

"Is this enough?" I ask in defeat as I hold loads of bags on my arms. The two girls both nod and head into the changing rooms. Damn me.

The first to come out is Kurona, who is wearing a maid uniform. I'm instantly taken aback by how well it fits her. She bows her head.

"How do you do... master?" She titled her head as if thinking if that was necessary or not. It was very necessary, thank you God!

Out came Nashiro, wearing a nurse outfit, in her hand had a prop needle and around her neck a heart thermometer. "Want me to nurse you?" She asked.

Yes! A part of me wanted to say, but I fight back my raging emotions and give them both a thumbs up. "They suit you... too well."

Kurona and Nashiro both nod and change back. After trying on things all the way to cheerleaders to school swimsuits, my heart couldn't take it and I nearly passed out.

I'm now sitting on a bench, both of the girls are getting something by themselves in a store nearby. A moment to myself gets turned into a shopping spree within an hour, great.

Woman are really picky about clothes huh? Whenever I'd just give them a subtle nod of approval, they didn't buy it, but when I actually said it looked God, they bought it. Do they just take my approval as their preferences? Why don't they buy stuff they want to?

But with my wallet almost empty, I think I'm screwed. Anymore of this and I'll have no choice but to say I'm out of cash, and how lame would that be? I sigh as black and white figures come out of the store across from the bench and sit down next to me on either side.

"Here." Nashiro said while handing me a milkshake. I take it with confusion.

"We wanted to say thanks for today." Kurona said, both of them looking me in the eyes.

I sip the milkshake and smile, strawberry. They do know my tastes well, at least. But before I could say thank you, they both pushed the distance between me on either of my cheeks.

Their lips on both sides of my cheeks pressed for a moment, then moved back in normal sitting conditions. I stumbled with words, did they both just... kiss my cheeks?

"A showing of gratitude." Nashiro explained.

I blush as I touch my cheeks and try to cover my face.

"Your welcome." I mumbled.

(The twins get some action! Their both so damned cute~ nonetheless, I hope you enjoyed and have a wonderful day!) - MnMs171