Old Friend

Happy 150th part! Many more to come!

" Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change."
- Confucius

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ayato POV

Walking into the break room exhausted from the little after party we had, I sat down in a chair and let out a long sigh. It's times like these that I wish booze didn't taste like Shit, but I'm not much of a drinker anyway.

I make myself a little cup of coffee with the machine, still getting confused on how to use it, and then mixing it as I sat down once more. I had already talked with Levin.

Levin is planning on following Kaneki from now on, meaning if I follow Levin, I'll be listening to that bastard orders. While that doesn't quite appeal to me, I'm gonna have to deal with it for now. Besides, Touka had talked with me also.

When I got back she had pulled me aside, and told me firmly that she didn't want me to have an attitude with Kaneki anymore. She doesn't understand. I know I was in the wrong back then for what I did, but the feeling of all that pain... I'll never forget it.

I'll play along, but I'm still not letting him near my sister. He tries to put any moves on her and I'm giving him a punch to the face. I won't allow it even if he gets on his hands and knees and begs.

Thinking about this I grow a smug smirk and sip my coffee. Closing my eyes and letting the taste sink in. It tasted awful, I really am terrible at making this stuff.

"Another bad one?" Asked a voice behind me as two hands went to my shoulders and began massaging them. I glance back to see Hinami with a small smile, pushing down on my tensed up muscles.

"Yeah, I'll never get used to making it right." I said while looking down into the cup. Hinami's hands worked magic, I let out a slight groan of pleasure, which I instantly shut my mouth afterwards. But this made Hinami giggle.

"Always getting embarrassed easily." She said, moving her hands a bit higher on a bit of my neck, exceeding more into the motion.

"It feels too good... where did you learn this?" I asked, glancing back at her with an eyebrow raised.

Hinami continued as she spoke. "Shiro did. She said that she used to do this for her sister all the time." She explained.

I shift in my seat and relax, sighing and staring at the ceiling. This would be better if my coffee was actually good. But I close my eyes and let Hinami work her hands on my muscles.

But she stopped reluctantly, I open one eye and glance over at her. "What's wrong?" I asked once seeing her distressed face.

She snapped out of it quickly and stuttered on her words. "N-Nothing! I was just... um... thinking about something." She murmured.

I stared at her for a few, then looked forward again and closed my eyes. "What's wrong?" I asked.

Hinami was silent so long that I opened my eyes again and looked behind me to find her looking down at her feet. Her face was pink and she looked uncomfortable. Or embarrassed?

"You can tell me. Not like I'm going to hate you." I said, turning in my seat and giving her my attention. Hinami glanced up at me and nodded, pulling two tickets from her pocket and shoving one in my face.

I raise an eyebrow and take it confused. "What's this?" I asked slowly.

"I... um... Touka gave me these tickets to that Aquarium, but she only gave me two and... I wanted... with you... and..." She then trailed off with mumbles I couldn't hear very well.

I stare down at the ticket with a blank face. This situation is very familiar in some anime I've seen, even in some dramas on TV. This has to be...

My ears heat up and I cover my face with one of my hands. "S-Sure." I answered shortly.

Hinami then beamed, her smile making me do a double take. She made a weird yet delighted sound, then reached down at me sitting in the chair and hugged me. I'm about to hug back when she lets go and walks to the door.

"Were going next Saturday, so I hope your ready~!" She said, although her face was pink, she seemed happy as she left me alone in the room.

I stood there silently with the ticket in my hand. Slowly I put it in my pocket and turned back around.

I was just... asked out on a date, right? I can assume that, right? I'm not over thinking this and thinking us more than friends right? Yeah, she probably just wants a friend to come with her.

She sees me nothing more than a friend. Yeah, nothing special about this ticket. Nothing at all.

. . .

Even after saying all that to calm myself down, my chest still feels like it's being twisted.

Mutsuki POV

The quiet warehouse we were entering made me feel nervous. I could feel the cold sweat breaking out all overly body. I grab my neck and rub it, looking behind me when I see a black cat pass me.

"Hey, c'mon." Shirazu said ahead of me, mentioning for me to come closer. He was by the door to the most inner part of the warehouse.

Behind us Akira took a deep breath, then walked past us and gently pushed the door open. The owner said that he had spotted someone that looked like our target had entered this warehouse district in an injured posture.

The blood trail on the concrete was enough to convince this was the right one we were entering. I swallow some saliva and enter after Akira, behind me Shirazu follows.

We all stop in the middle for the building. All around us boxes are stacked high with who knows what. Visibility isn't all that great, we'd need to turn on the lights first.

"I'm going for the lights." I said to the others, they each give me a nod as I trail my hand on the wall, until my hand trails across a switch.

I grasp it and flip it on. From the end of the building, lights start to slowly turn on, one by one in each row. Each part of the warehouse becomes more visible, and I freeze in place once I see the end of the warehouse.

There at the end of the middle of the warehouse opening, was a man with long white hair and pale skin sitting on top of at least ten dead bodies. All of them were in Aogiri cloaks.

He flicked his eyes our way, a small smile coming to his face. "Well... if it isn't my old friend, Mado." He said.

Akira stared back with a steely gaze, never breaking eye contact. "Takizawa." She murmured.

There was a silence, then the man known as Takizawa stood, staring at each of us. "Finally come to kill me. Sad to say I'm not keen on dying just yet." He said, his back slowly forming a kagune.

Akira clicked her suitcase and glanced back at us to do the same. We each nod and take our quinque out. Takizawa stares at us, then our weapons, then back at us.

"I don't get it, really... that Crow and Eye Patch had to ruin everything." He said, slowly walking off of the pile of corpses. "Aogiri is gone. I wasn't able to have my revenge. And now I'm going to be treated like one of them after all?"

Akira pursed her lips. "Whether you think so or not, Takizawa... you are a ghoul. You have killed many innocents, and must be exterminated." She said with certainty.

Takizawa sighed, then grinned. "Then I'll kill you."

(Time to go into more of a focus on the Quinx and doves side for a few parts. Nonetheless I hope you enjoyed and have a wonderful day!) - MnMs171