Silently Suffering

I don't own the pic, it's for lols

" Truth is everybody is going to hurt you: you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for."
- Bob Marley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaneki POV

I nearly fell out of my bed, the nightmare I was having poked at me like thorns. I could hear the faintest sound of a centipede in my ear, wiggling around.

My breath was ragged and I was taking deep breaths. My throat felt dry as a desert. What time is it? I slowly got up and glanced at the clock, it was still 3 a.m.

I should go back to sleep, but I don't want to see that nightmare again, me being eaten alive by Rize, Jason... and old self. And that sound... that centipede. I squint at the ceiling, sighing.

Today is the day. The day me and Vincent are going to the 23rd ward to find Touka. That area is completely Aogiri territory, which means it won't be easy getting in that area. Something tells me that their waiting for us, and their going to try to use Touka as a bargaining chip.

I grit my teeth, and I hear the door open, I look up to see a droopy eyed girl, twin pigtails on the sides of her head, her hair blue. "What can I do for you, Saiko?" I asked, scratching my head.

She seemed to have just woken up also, but she was much more focused than I was. "Is something the matter?" She asked.

She asks me this almost everyday. It was like a routine of ours, almost everyday now, that I'm closer to remembering fully, I get more nightmares, meaning I scream and turn a lot in my sleep. The others barge into the room all ready to beat someone up, but I always assure them everything is fine.

"It's nothing, just rough dreams." I said with a smile, my hand unconsciously going up to my chin.

She started for a long time, then instead of walking away like she usually does, she squinted at me angrily. "Your lying." She grumbled.

"Huh? N-No I'm not." I said quickly.

Saiko looked at my hands. "Then why are you shaking?" She asked.

I looked down at my hands, they were shaking out of control, my entire body felt vulnerable, and my head was pumped full of fear and adrenaline. I smile nervously. "I just got spooked-"

"Stop lying!" She came into the room and chopped me in the head.

"What-! I'm your superior, your not allowed to chop my in the head!" I said while holding my bruised forehead.

Saiko then walked out of my room, and glanced back at me with a stubborn look about her. She points at me. "When everyone else wakes up, your going to tell us what your hiding! Or else I'm gonna chop you again!" She said before stomping off.

Saiko is a lazy subordinate, and she hates working more than anything else. But deep down she cares deeply for me and the others, which makes me happy. I'm glad I'm raising these kids right.

But she could at least do a little effort in training. ^-^'

I got off the floor and walked to my dresser, throwing off my shirt and searching through my drawers. I swear, lately I've been losing my briefs... it's like someone is taking them... (you'll only get this if you've read the Manga).

I look in the mirror, admiring my figure, I have to stay in shape in order to do a good job as a dove... yet... I'm secretly working with ghouls... and a half ghoul, Yasuhisa. I've heard a lot about this "Levin" person, but I've only seen him once or twice in some bad situations.

Wherever he was now was a mystery, but I need to focus on what I'm going to tell the others at breakfast. Will I tell them the truth? Or will I keep them in the dark?

I think for awhile and sigh. I think I'll do a half lie, I'll tell them about my nightmares, of course I'll chop them up a bit so they don't think I'm going insane. But I won't tell them I'm working with the ghouls, their nice people, at least, that's what the voice in my head says... the ghoul me.

Kaneki Ken.

It starting to get worse now, but how am I going to face it one day? I frown as I sigh, walking out the door to the kitchen.

Levin POV

"If you'd just talk I wouldn't have had to do that." I said, glancing at the broken arm of the ghoul cloaked in red. An Aogiri member, stalking around ward 22.

He scooted back into the wall of the alleyway, holding his arm in pain. "S-Stay away!" He yelled.

I crouch near him. "Come on. I won't kill you if you talk." I said with a monotone voice.

"Fine! Just don't hurt me!" He said quickly.

I nod and wait for him to talk, the question I asked is quite important, I would like to know quickly. "Gonna answer?" I said as all he gave me was silence.

He flinched. "Yes! She's located on third street, the large factory looking place." He said.

"Factory?... oh! The old manufacturing plant?" I ask, tilting my head.

He nods quickly and I stand. "Thank you, now scurry off before I change my mind." I said, he got up quickly and ran out into the street, everyone looking at him like he was a weirdo with a cosplay thing to him.

I stand there fore awhile, then sigh, walking back to the other side of the alley, my accomplice waits for me, his gives me a glance, then behind me. "Your soft sometimes, huh?" He said.

I frown. "Don't know what your talking about." I murmured.

He turned and walked down the alleyway with me, our footsteps and distant police sirens the only thing making movie in the city.  The cold wind blasted through the streets and ice was beginning to form everywhere.

"Winter is in its prime... you sure you don't want to visit your friends?" He asked, stopping at the ladder to the roof.

I shake my head. "No. I have a goal, and I'm an impatient person." I admitted.

He chuckled. "Got that right. You know you don't have to work with me." He said.

"I don't like having debts... and deep down, your doing the right thing, no matter what you say." I said, my face straight.

He nods slowly, then starts up the ladder, and I follow him, soon were on the roof, jumping from rooftop to rooftop. Each time I land on my feet, adrenaline runs through me, and vibration through my legs as it can't wait to get out.

I jump across a street on a lamp post, landing smoothly on the other end. It seems my companion already made it across, looking out over the city. I stand next to him and ask a question that's been irking me.

"Hey... what's your name?" I asked glancing at him.

He started out into space, then sighed. "The man I was once died a long time ago... but if you wish to know who I was when I was human..." it seems liked he trailed off for sometime, then he turned to me, his one ghoul eye visible.

"My name was Amon Koutaro."