Teacher

" History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."
- Winston Churchill

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Levin POV

I sat in a blank space once again, my head hurt, pulsing with pain. I could hear the blood jumping into my head with each heart beat that went through my body.

I grit my teeth and sat up, looking at the two figures that stood a few steps away. Ghoul was looking off in the distance, while Human was staring down at me with a blank expression.

"Why am I here again?" I asked slowly, my voice echoed through the empty space.

Human looked where Ghoul was looking and frowned. "Because it's coming back soon..." He said.

"What's coming back?" I asked, looking to where the other two were staring. My mind seemed to jump just by looking at it.

There was a chair, and a lab looking place. Blood colored the floor, and test tubes sat around it, ripped out kagune in them, moving as if having a mind of their own.

My eyes went wide as I felt sick suddenly looking at this room. "What... is this?" I mumbled.

Human looked down at his hands. "I do not know... we don't know." He mumbled.

"We only know it's something that wasn't very nice... and we don't remember it." Ghoul said, finally looking back at me.

I bite my lip. "What do you mean, don't remember it?" I asked slowly, a part of me was scared of the answer.

Ghoul smiled grimly, something I didn't see him do so often, show sadness or fear.

"Tell me... do we remember exactly what happened to us in those labs in CCG?" He said.

His words hit my like bullets, and I seemed to not be able to stand anymore. I fell to one knee, my body suddenly trembling. What? I remember being in a room... but is that all that happened?

I wanted to ask them what happened, but they were me. If I didn't know, they didn't know either. Why can't I remember?!? Why can't I remember my time in CCG?

I went there... when I was young... and for years I.... huh? What did I do there again?

"Why am I just remembering it now?" I asked, my vision of the dream was starting to blur.

Ghoul looked at me with a blank expression. "Dunno... maybe because our mind can only take so much... but, didn't you ever make the connection?"

"Connection?" I mumbled, wondering what he meant.

Ghoul suddenly smirked. "What if the reason we're split like this in your head is because of this loss of memory? Something bad happened? Something traumatic?"

My body shook more, shivering in fear. Funny, Ghoul' body was doing the same, meaning he was just acting tough. But Human stood there, showing no expression at all, not even shaking.

- - -

I opened my eyes to a ceiling. I slowly cranked my neck over to see Kurona leaning next to me, her face blank, staring down at me. I let a smile come loose.

"Were you staring at me while I was asleep?" I said, thinking it's pretty weird to watch someone sleep.

Kurona tilted her head. "Is that so weird? You watched me sleep for some time." She said.