Cruise to Valhalla

"Starting strong is good. Finishing strong is epic."
- Robin Sharma

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Levin POV

The rubber dingy we were using to get to our destination was a rather bumpy ride, going over waves and such.

Across from me, was Kaneki and Ayato, who were both quiet for the longest of time. I was driving the boat, so I focused on what was ahead.

In the ocean a bit always from the harbors of Tokyo, was a large cruise ship. According to records and the data we got, that ship is where that damned woman is. Vincent's mother, and the one that's been playing with me since day one of getting out of the ghoul prison.

I take my eyes from the large ship and look behind us. There was another dingy, another three people were on that one also.

The other three were Tsukiyama, Nishiki, and Yomo. Touka and Kurona were supposed to pick us up in the helicopter when we were done, the dingy don't have enough fuel to get back to the harbor.

A one way trip.

"Do they know were coming?" Ayato asked, nearly yelling because of the loud noise from the motor of the dingy.

I nodded. "Most likely."

Kaneki looked ahead, then glanced at me. "Are you sure you want me to hold on to this?" He asked, shaking he briefcase in his hand.

I nodded, giving him a determined look. "Don't hesitate, King." I said.

He looked away from me with a frown. He didn't like the idea of using the tool in the briefcase, but if something went wrong with me, then it was the only option.

I'm not stupid enough to say that I'm not insane. I've been broken and rebuilt so many times that anything could cause me to snap.

In that case of me snapping, and my kakuja going out of control, I had the Railroad doctors make a serum to combat H cells and destroy them.

Basically a serum to stop my healing factor and kagune. It should calm me down, but there's a huge risk of it destroying parts of the body and innner organs. Including the brain.

Taking the serum could make me a hollow husk, or it could kill me. But I'm determined to not let it kill me.

Kurona knows about the serum, and she understands why I have to do this. Not even she can stop me from doing this and she knows it. Doesn't mean she likes it though.

I remember the conversation ended with her making a rather twisted frown. But she swallowed her pride and said okay. But before we departed to sea, she did tell me something, which still rings in my head.

"No more running away from living." She had said.

I purse my lips and look on ahead. The large boat stood in the water, crashing against waves, sending water spraying across its path.

Putting my hand out towards Ayato I snap, getting his attention once we stop by the side of the boat. "Grappling hook." I said.

Ayato grabbed the tool and grinned a bit. "Gives off a special vibe.. what's that American movie called? Mission improbable?" He wondered.

"Mission impossible. Help me with this." I tell him, and we both aim upwards, firing and hooking it onto the side. I'm honestly a little surprised that worked, almost like the movies.

I climb up the boats side with the rope, my gloves covered me from the ropes burn, thankfully, but my grip wasn't as strong with them on, so I had to tread carefully. And I didn't want to use my Kagune to climb or it'd damage the ship.

After climbing aboard I stretched out my arms and scanned the top of the boat. No people were within my line of sight, all I could hear was my fri new climbing and the waves crashing into the side of the ship.

"No guards?" Ayato asked as he helped Kaneki with the last step onto the ship.

"Yeah... but theres light coming from up there." I pointed near the top of the ship, a window was lit up from a light on the inside.

Ayato gave me a nod and got a head start ahead of us, creeping around to the base of the crews quarters. We all stop at a door at the base and Kaneki pushed it gently open.

I ran in and scanned the room quickly, but to my surprise, there wasn't anyone inside. Ayato walked up next to me and frowned. "Where's the crew?" He mumbled.

Kaneki grabbed my shoulder to get my attention, and pointed ahead down a hall to the inner part of the ship. A blood trail was there, leading up some stairs.

"Well that's not ominous." I said, as I began to follow the blood, the other two behind me.

Suddenly, half way up the stairs, the intercom turned on, making a loud noise as it clicked.

"So my suspicion was correct. The Crow has come to finish what he started." Said a woman's voice. I knew who it was, but not by voice, I knew from the documents.

I looked up at a camera near the stairs, it started back at me. I felt my eyes glow red in anger. "You bitch. Where are you?" I demanded.

"You will find me soon enough. Your already on the right trail. Just follow the blood, like any other crow hungry for scraps would." She said, sounding pleased.

"Ignore her, let's go." Kaneki said, walking ahead of me. I glare at the camera for another moment, then continue behind the other two.

Anger boiled in me, I had trouble controlling the urge to start tearing the ship up in anger, but I calmed myself immediately, I need a clear mind if I'm going to do this.

The blood led into a large room, full of dead bodies. Body limbs and other things such as kitchen tools, plates, were scattered everywhere.

A sound caught my attention, and Ayato pointed to the sound. The sound of teeth grinding on meat, ripping at it and gulping it down. The sight came into my view and I understood immediately.

A man was crouched down near bodies, ripping at them and throwing the bones aside. I took a step forward, and the man stopped, froze up and slowly stood and turned around.

Kaneki's eyes widened and mumbled words. "He looks like..."

I stared at the man, his dark bluish hair had small particles of grey from getting old, and his face was covered in blood. His kakugan eyes glowed in the dim room.

My father.

Upon looking at me he spat some meat and blood that was in his mouth, covering the ground. The smell of this blood, and the meat... they were all ghouls.

She drove him to starvation so he'd lose his mind, then in the right moment, set him free upon the crew. How cruel. How very cruel.

"Would you mind helping me with this?" I asked the other two, not letting my eyes wander off of the husk of a man in front of me.

The other two nodded, and got into a more readied stance. Seeing this my father's eyes sent more black veins across his face, his kagune formed around him, creating a Kakuja.

I do the same, but only letting out a bit, one talon of my Kagune. "Time to put you to sleep, father."

(A family reunion, how beautiful! Too bad so sad. Sorry it took long to push out another chapter, getting busy with college stuff and work. Nonetheless I hope you enjoyed and have a wonderful day!) - MnMs171