Target for Extermination

"Sometimes in Tragedy we find our lives Purpose."
- Robert Brault

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tsukiyama POV

Walking into the room, I see that my father is sat at a table in his study, drinking coffee that a maid had served. I scan the rest of the room, but other than the maid and my father, we're the only ones here.

I silently walk across the room, the only sound my footsteps. I sit down in the chair across from him and wait until he looks up at me, setting his coffee down.

"Shuu... how have you been?" He asked, smiling at me through his mustache.

I smiled back. "Very well, father. I have made some new friends." I exclaimed.

My father nodded, closing his eyes as he did so, then looked back out the window, the spring light shining through it. The atmosphere was peaceful, yet I could tell he called me here for something urgent.

"What did you call me for, father." I asked, crossing my fingers.

My father stared off into space at first, then turned back at me. "This household has been put under suspicion by the CCG." He said, his eyes narrowing.

My throat suddenly felt dry, and I couldn't breath. My breath became rugged, and I didn't know what to say. My father sighed deeply.

"It was only a matter of time... but I'm having you escorted out of the city." He said, making me flinch.

"F-Father! Then why not come with us?" I asked hesitantly.

My father's lips pursed. "They will be coming by tomorrow morning. I will give myself up in order to throw them off balance of your existence." He explained.

"But why not protect this household with me also-!" I stood and started to argue, to raise my voice.

"Shuu!" He yelled, causing me to jump back. "Do not let your judgement be clouded now. Kanae will be accompanying you." He said.

"But..." I trailed off, looking at the ground.

My father sighed once more and stood, grabbed my shoulders and pulling me into a tight hug. "You are my pride and joy, Shuu. I cannot allow them to kill you." He said.

Slowly, I nodded. My father, after awhile, let me go and walked back to his seat.

"You may leave now. Don't come back to this household, and leave the city." He said.

I look at the ground, my hair shadowing my eyes. Never return? It sounded as if he was kicking me out. But I knew that he was doing this because he loved me. I clench my fists, and unclench them, turning and walking out of the door and closing it behind me.

As I head out, each maid and butler bows to me, saying that it was an honor to serve me. This was only a matter of time.

The reason they found this place was because of what I did with the Crow back then. I had made a big scene with the CCG, and now they got wind of our mansion, where we're hiding. Now they protect me, even though it was my fault.

Why don't they come out and say it? That it was my fault? Do they want to hide the truth from me, or do they already know I'm smart enough to think of it by myself?

I make it to the courtyard and meet Kanae, who is waiting with a car. The servant that had followed me for years was a sorrowful one, but the same respect flowed out of it.

I climb into the car, and so does Kanae. For a long time during the drive, neither of us say anything. But, finally, I speak, my voice small.

"You know what in going to suggest already, don't you Kanae?" I asked, looking up at Kanae.