Forgiveness

" Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit."
- Khalil Gibran

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Levin POV

Standing in front of Re once again, the morning sun shining on my left side. This morning was quite warm thanks to the sun. I cover my eyes and stare at the bill board outside.

It showed today's specials and also a couple of bait for customers to come drink their coffee, like the latte art that Touka is so good at. There's a wording on the bill board that says:

An extra 25 yen and you can get a coffee with splendid foam art from an expert!

I sigh and push open the door, the ding sound going out into the store. As I walk in I notice Ayato sitting at a table, drinking some coffee with his sister across from him.

We make eye contact and he raises an eye brow. "What did the Frenchy want?" He asked.

"Just to talk." I said, then made eye contact with Touka, who was glaring at me. It seems that she's still mad at me from my conversation with Kurona. I would be if I were her.

I make my way to them and stand in front of Touka, who is starting to look confused as to of why I'm standing formerly in front of her. If I was going to do this, I was going to do this right.

"I hear your still hiring." I said, making her tilt her head.

I give Ayato a look, then back at Touka. "I'd like to start working here again, along with this guy." I said, pointing at Ayato.

Ayato nearly spit his coffee up, but finished swallowing and quickly put the coffee down. "I-I didn't say anything about-!"

"Alright... good to have you back." Touka said, giving me a small smile, gentle. Just like I thought before, she was a beautiful woman. But not my type, sadly.

Ayato seemed to give up since neither of us were listening to him, and she showed us to the back, and made us get into our uniforms. Ayato looked down at it and scolded.

"I like leather more..." he groaned.

Touka whacked him upside the head. "Shut up, stupid brother. Levin, start mopping, and Ayato, I'm teaching you how to brew coffee." She said, pulling him to the coffee counter.

As they walk off, I feel a tap on my shoulder, I turn to find Kaneki, looking over me and at Touka and Ayato. I look at them also.

"Thanks for bringing Ayato back." He said, still a blank face on.

"Don't you hate each other?" I asked.

"Well... he hates me." He said, then walked back over to the mops and handed me one. "Here. I'll help. And once your done, maybe you can go talk to Kuro again?" He said, finally a smile forming on his lips.

I look at the mop for awhile, then take it in my hands.

Kurona POV

I look over at the Clock and see it's almost dinner. Usually Touka or Kaneki would bring me something, Nashiro is too busy helping out around here to come and feed me.

I move so that I'm laying flat on my back and staring at the ceiling. When Levin came back I yelled at him. All that pent up emotion, I let it out full force. And now he probably feels like he doesn't belong here anymore.

I'm such an idiot. If I had been quiet and just accepted that he was back then he'd still be here, but instead he left with that pained look, pain that probably hurt more than when he was at the labs.

I blame up and stare at the wall, pulling the blankets tight around me. I hear the door open though, and I grunt.

"Just leave it on the night stand." I mumbled, my voice still sounded like a dead man's.

I hear the footsteps and a slight noise of a glass plate being set down on wood. Then there is silence. Judging by the footsteps it's definitely a male, meaning Kaneki. Did he want to talk about something?

"You should eat now, while it's still warm." Said a calm voice.

I flinch and quickly glance back over my shoulder to find Levin sitting down in the chair that was set near my bedside for visitors. He still had a blank expression on him, and a different feeling, but it was still him.

I look down at the plate and see that it's the famous meat he usually made for us people at Nest. I hadn't had that in a long time. I slowly sit upright and grab the plate, still steaming.

I eat the first bite and the flavor hits me. There is a long silence and I suddenly feel tears running down my cheeks. I'm about to start bawling, never having tasting this flavor for a long time, and then suddenly having it was like an old sign of the same Levin I knew, always kind and smiling.

But Levin reached out, wiping my tears away with a handkerchief. We make eye contact, and he quickly pulls away. "Sorry, should've asked permission first." He mumbled.

But I grab his hand and take the handkerchief, wiping my tears with it. He was wearing the Re uniform...

He sees me looking and he glances down at himself. "Ah... I'm working at Re for now. I'll be in charge of making your meals again... so..." He trailed off, not knowing what else to say.

"Can you... come a little closer?" I asked.

Levin tilted his head, then scooted the chair a bit closer, and I quickly pulled him into a hug. I squeezed harder than I intended, seeing that he coughed from it, I stopped squeezing as hard. For a long time he didn't hug back, but then his hands slowly wrapped around me and hugged.

"Your a jerk." I mumbled in his ear.

"I know." He said.

There was a long silence. At the door there was a sound of the door opening, I look over Levin's shoulder and see Nashiro, who is glaring at Levin.

Levin let me go and looked over at Nashiro. There was a small amount of hostility being put between them.

"Shiro... I..." Levin started, but she cut him off.

"If Vincent were here... he'd be glad you decided to stay." She said, this made Levin look at the ground. "Blaming each other won't do any good. We need to work together if we want to survive this city. So no more lone wolf stuff from here on out... if you want to do something you come to us. Not Aogiri."

Levin looked up and nodded. "Alright... but... what about Kuro's surgery?" He asked, looking back at me.

Nashiro bit her lip, making eye contact with me. "We've talked about it... if there's a chance, we'll take it." She said for me.

Levin turned towards me. "When will it be happening?" He asked.

I swallowed my own saliva and looked at the ground. "Tomorrow afternoon. Quinn said he's setting everything up in the infirmary upstairs."

Levin nodded, and started for the door. It made my heart tighten to see him leave again, but this time he looked back and said something that I hadn't heard in a long time.

"Its good to be back."

(Good. Levin is back at Re/Nest, and now everything is going swell... for them at least. What is happening with the Tsukiyama family though? Nonetheless I hope you enjoyed and have a wonderful day!) - MnMs171