I'm So Lonely Without You

" Freedom is never given; it is won."
- A. Philip Randolph

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaneki POV

I stumbled back once more, blood flying through the air. I glance back me to find a sword stabbing and twisting in my shoulder, pulling my other arm off.

I let out a scream, and grab my arm with my Kagune, trying to put it back in place as I tried to get away. "Regenerate! Get back on Dammit!" I yelled.

Arima sliced off my Kagune, and I turned just in time for another round of slices across my body. I scream, but my throat is sliced, and I choke on my blood pouring through my lungs.

I fall to the ground, staring up at the lit ceiling. The flowers I was laying on, before they were white, now where I lay began to soak with a dark red color. I push myself on my stomach, making a small kagune come out of my back, and pull myself away, towards exit.

Why am I trying to escape? Before I was ready to die. Ready for it! Why am I being a coward? Before, I was an idiot, getting my best friends killed, and then living on without a second thought.

Hide.

I grit my teeth, feeling his sword begin to poke my back. His left side. Left side! I then quickly pulled away with one kagune tentacle, and with another sliced at the quinque, shattering it into pieces.

Arima looked down at the broken quinque, then dropped it without a second thought. He then pulled out another briefcase he had set aside as we entered this room.

He clicked it, sending another quinque into his hand. It was shaped as a long sword, larger and thicker than his last one he was using.

"What is wrong? Come At me, Ken Kaneki." He said, his words holding meaning. The fact that he hadn't called me Haise Sasaki, means that he no doubt did not think of me as Haise anymore. He wouldn't hold back.

I grow myself a Kakuja, growing down to my leg that I was missing into a new makeshift leg, and my arms growing into kagune also.

Rushing forward, I kept to his left side, his blind spot! He noticed this, keeping his eyes on me, without losing one little step. Me first strike was over head, while blocking my chest and stomach with my other arm in case I had openings.

He side stepped my overhead attack and sliced my Kagune arm, but I regenerated it as fast as I could as I raised my other arm and made use of his footing after a dodge.

He twirled around my attack, turning the blade behind him and stabbing my stomach. I coughed more blood, but I still tried to take him down. I try to grab his arm, but he moves it just in time to spin around again and slice across my chest.

It was like we were dancing in a rain of my blood. Every movement I made marked another opening he had, more blood he could spray.

The feeling of my body was only of pain now, I couldn't feel anything else. The movements I did caused more of that pain, spreading from head to toe. But I still fought.

Why?

I should just give up, right? This fight, it's pointless. I had planned, when taking this job, that if it need be, I would be the sacrifice in order for everyone to escape. But after hearing my friends struggle, their worry for me... why can't I get it out of my head?

I push myself up again. Right now I felt not like dying, but fighting. Why did I want to fight? Another movement, and my side is ripped open.

Another arm is gone. Another leg. Another arm. Another organ. Another arm. More and more.