End of the Chase

" He who loves, flies, runs, and rejoices; he is free and nothing holds him back."
- Henri Matisse

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eto POV

Aogiri members ran past me and over the gate, the sound of gunfire filled the air. We were now taking one of the labs Kanou is supposedly in.

Ah Levin! This plan of yours is so ingenious, yet so obvious that Kanou won't know what hit him. This new Levin, his ruthless side... I can't tell if I like the innocent, easy to tease one, or the one that resembles me.

We're so much alike, you and me, Levin.

I easily jump over the gate, landing lightly on the ground and smile at the enemies. They shake in fear and start to fire, but I let my soldiers take care of them.

"Naki, open a path for me." I said, looking over to my side to him.

"Yes Ma'am!" He said with an English accent.

Him and his white coats started to reek havoc, blood had already filled the snow that covered the concrete. The smell hit my nose with a beautiful aroma.

I make it to the door and swing it open, all my followers rushing in and killing the few guards at the doors. By now I haven't lifted a finger to help, but I was getting bored.

I let my kagune loose and stab three guards like a kabob. I smirk, throwing them to the side. I want more! More!

Soon I'm in the labs, the smell of chemicals hit my nose and I scrunch up my nose in disgust. Test tubes just the last lab stood everywhere. I was ordered to keep them for food for him.

That's right... Levin ordered me! The one eyed king to do something. Ah! That feeling of being worth to an equal of an insect, it feels good~!

A voice calls to me from another lab, a soldier.

"Eto, Kanou and some other doctors are heading to the other lab through the tunnels, do you want to send people after him?" He asked quickly, ready to leave at my word.

I smirk. "No. This is all part of his plan, anyway. Take all you can from the labs and get them in the trucks before the doves show themselves." I ordered, the soldier moved to tell the others.

"Naki, I want you to head back to base, and keep my guest company." I said, as he showed himself after coming out of another room.

Naki tilted his head. "You mean that CCG brat? You haven't told Crow about him yet, have you?" He asked.

"No, if I did that, he'd kill me. I can't have that. I need Crow to love me." I said with a cutesy voice.

Naki shrugged and headed out, his white suits following him. He is loyal, so he is useful to us. Now the rest is up to Levin. I just hope that him breaking didn't break his reason of his limits.

Kanou POV

I rushed through the tunnel in a hurry. Damn Aogiri Tree messing with my plans! Every time I'm about to make a break on my research, this always happens!

My sister subject, it's almost done. Once I have it done, then I can maybe even overthrow Aogiri, with the weapon I've been making. V and me will be unstoppable!

Other doctors ran with me, along with some guards. I was glad to have protection, but everyone else at the lab no doubt has been killed.

A noise ran through the tunnels from ahead, which stopped us in our tracks. A guard took a few hesitant steps forward, then froze as a figure came out of the way we were heading.

The boy was dressed in a black over coat, and a Crow mask over his face. In his hand was a pair of scissors, covered in blood. His whole body was covered in blood.

"Ah... you must be the survivors from the other lab... which means one of you is Kanou, correct?" He asked, snipping his scissors.

"W-Who are you?! How do you know about this tunnel?!" The guard yelled, mostly out of fear.

The boy took another step forward, sending a chill down my spine.

"I went to the other lab and eliminated everyone, but it seems I got the info about this tunnel out of the one of the docs there... I knew you would come through here to escape Eto' attack." He explained, looking at the ground as if he weren't interested in us.

I grit my teeth. "So... your Levin?" I asked, seeing his figure matching the old Levin.

The boy, Levin, looked over at me, sending me into a fit of shivering. That look through his mask, it scared me. I felt like I was going to piss my pants.

"There you are, Kanou! Your face is so ugly I didn't want to notice it." He said, then started to walk towards me, disregarding the guard and other doctors completely.

The guard grit his teeth and aimed his gun at Levin, making the Crow stop in his tracks and stare at the gun he was holding. "You think that will hurt?" He mumbled in dissatisfaction.

The guard then pulled the trigger, sending a burst of five bullets into Levin' torso. He slowly looked down at his chest, then a grin spread wide across his face as the bullets quickly popped out of him, and rolled across the ground.

The guards eyes widened as Levin walked up to him, and whispered in his ear. "That tickled..." he whispered.

The guards knees buckled, and I could see him urinating from fear. This made Levin chuckle, then easily grab the guard by the neck, and squeeze, so hard it split his head clean off.

The doctors screamed and started to run, but Levin picked up the gun, and mowed them all down, sending blood across the pavement and ceiling.

The tunnel was filled with bodies and blood, the stench almost over overwhelming, even for a doctor like me. I looked back to Crow, who was standing still in the middle of it, he dropped the gun and slowly glanced at me.

I take a step back, tripping over a body.

"I won't kill you, Kanou... not yet at least." He said, kneeling down next to me, taking his mask off and staring at me with a smile of a maniac. "Your going to tell me everything you know. And then I'm going to hand you over to someone who really wants some payback..." he said.

"P-Payback-" I started to wonder out loud, but Levin whispered the name in my ear.

"So which one do you want to be killed by, Kurona Yasuhisa, or Kaneki Ken?" He asked, grabbing me by the hair and dragging me down the tunnel, across the blood stained floor.

He laughed as I struggled to escape his firm grip. I screamed in pain that would only be the beginning of the retribution I was being put through.

(I bet a lot of you are happy to see Kanou get put in his place. I sure am. Nonetheless, I hope you enjoyed and have a wonderful day!) - MnMs171