Melancholy

" The most beautiful thing in the world is, of course, the world itself."
- Wallace Stevens

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shirazu POV

I open the door slowly, and as it creeks, I get a big shiver down my spine. I grit my teeth and walk into the home, trying not to look like wuss in front of Urie.

The dark aura around the room made me want to turn around immediately and get back in the van, but I held myself in place. Urie turned on the light, illuminating the room.

Me and him freeze while we look at the other end of the room. There was a little girl standing there, Brown hair and dull eyes. I wasn't expecting a little girl, who is she?

"U-Umm, hey, are you lost?" I asked hopefully.

Her eyes slowly moved up to mine, and she became angry looking, then, behind her came out the very thing I was afraid of.

A kagune.

The top was that of two white wings, and the lower was two saw like tails. An Koukaku and Bikaku? She's a ghoul, which set on me as bad, seeing its a Chamera kagune.

"This little girl is-!" Urie started, but was pushed back by one of the spiked tails, pushing him to the side.

The girl gave me a cold stare. "I don't want to hurt you, but I will if you try to go further than this." She said.

Her eyes then turned black and red. The veins from her eyes spread across both of her temples, and she didn't let her eyes off of me at all. I gulp down a breath and take out me Quinque.

"Sorry. But I can't do that." I mumbled.

I hope to God I don't have to hurt this girl.

Sasaki POV

One of his wings plunged into my shoulder, I try to scream, but Ayato's hand grabs my face, and slams the back of my head into a wall, smashing it and pushing me through it.

"Gah!" I cough up blood as I get up and Ayato slowly walks into the room.

He glared at me with a boiling anger. "I thought I'd have enough of you." He murmured, before he shot some more crystals at me.

One catches me in the knee, but the rest I dodge, running behind a ruffled up couch. I breath frantically, Ayato... remember Dammit!

Touka's Brother... yeah... but how did we meet? Gah, I have no idea! I run my hands through my hair as my head throbs in pain.

C'mon work with me here head. I breath slowly and try to remember. But all I found was a image of Ayato on the ground, covered in blood and his bones sticking out of his skin.

It frightened me. But the feeling I had when I saw that, it made me feel dominant. No, stop thinking like that, get up and fight for now! I grit my teeth and get up, blocking an attack from his wing.

"What do you mean?!" I yell, pushing him back.

Ayato looked more pissed. He yelled out as he jumped off a wall and slashed through one of my limbs, and slashed me across the chest.

I'm pushed against a wall and pinned, his kagune at my neck. He glares at me and the only thing in the room we can hear is the slight noise of our panting.

Ayato grit his teeth after awhile, then removed his Kagune from beside my neck and backed off, looking at me in the eyes.

"Don't get the wrong idea, Eye patch. The only reason I'm not killing you right now... is because she would be mad if I did." He said with a grim look.

I squint at him, and push myself up to my feet, my wounds already healing.

"How... do we know each other?" I mumbled a question, hoping he'd answer.

Ayato flinched as he was about to leave, but when he turned he had a calm expression on, but I sensed a bit of pity going towards me.

"We're nothing more than enemies." He said.

As Ayato was leaving, he jumped up onto a roof, whistling. Soon, a girl jumped up next to him, in a robe. The hood covered her face, but I sensed something familiar about her.

They both jumped off, and as I trudged back to the van, Urie and the others walked back too, all looking roughed up.

"Damn little shot was tough." Mumbled Urie as he passed and instantly got back into the truck.

"What about Nut Cracker?" I asked.

Shirazu flinched, "now that you think about it, we didn't see her-!"

Shirazu's eyes lit up wide as he rushed over to me and pushed me to the side.

Huh?

As I was falling backwards, Shirazu was Impaled by a large limb of kagune.

He fell to the ground, clenching his stomach with great pain. Saiko and Mutsuki both grab him, looking over to another rooftop.

Nut Cracker stood there, a big grin growing on her face.

"Boo, I found you!"