Vincent Valhalla

" There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship."
- Thomas Aquinas

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vincent POV

As the others got inside the tunnel, starting for the next ward safe house, I stood at the entrance. The way their coming in, with that much people...

They would find this tunnel and kill everyone at the safe house. I turn to Nashiro, who is helping some of the children. "Yasu, take the residents to the safe house, the second you get there, get out and head to Re, Touka will know what to do." I said quickly.

"What about you?" Nashiro said quickly, her voice shaking a bit.

There was a long silence. Those eyes she looked at me with hurt, I knew this would be the last time I see her. I let out a small smile, and a chuckle.

"I'll do what I'm best at... covering for my mistakes." I mumbled, then closed hatch, I could hear protest on the other side, but with the rustling it seemed the older people held her back and dragged her down the tunnel.

Ah, this sucks.

I stand there with the hatch behind my back, the warehouse known as Nest, a place for ghouls to live in a boarding house... a place I made and called home. I'll be damned if I have to leave this behind.

Like they say... captain goes down with the ship.

I let my smile waver and stand straight, heading to the main entrance, and letting my kagune loose, the two large scorpion tails hovering over me. I never was honest with myself this whole time... I've just never wanted to be alone, but here at the end I suppose I'll be just that, alone.

But in a way that's fine.

I let out a sigh and raise my head high as the door busted open, CCG swarmed in and aimed their guns at me screaming for me to surrender.

I don't say anything, then put on my mask, shaped as a six eyed scorpion face. "Boo." I said, making them rattle with fear.

"T-Thats... scorpion." One mumbled.

"Thats an S rated ghoul watch out!" One yelled, then they all opened fire, I block the bullets with my Kagune and rush forward, slicing through the two at the front, and stabbing another, and slamming his corpse against the wall.

"M-Monster!" The last one that entered screamed, shooting blindly around, I quickly jump into a wall and propel off of it and slice him in half.

It's either them or me.

More and more rushed through the windows, and through the doors and entrances. Some had quinque. This is going to start to get tough.

"What are you all waiting for? Come at me!" I yelled, beckoning them forward.

"Hold your fire while we go in!" Said one with a quinque, the doves all rushed in with melee weapons. I dodge a couple of swings, until one connects with my leg, I hear a large splat noise, and ignoring it I quickly spin around to the one that hit me and stab through the head.

Another hit in the hip, but I ignore that also and grab him neck, and throw his face into the concrete floor, over and over until his face is nothing but a pulp.

I jump back as a another misses me by a hair, and hit the couch in the lounge, another dove jumps over it and lands a blow on my left shoulder.

I grit my teeth and stab my hand through his chest, throwing him to the side and getting up. A large volley of bullets his me in the back, and I turn and grab a gun from a dead soldier, firing back at them, killing a few.