Remember

Happy 100th chapter! Now enjoy~!

" There is nothing permanent except change."
- Heraclitis

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Levin POV

I sit in a huge blank room once more. Funny, this time I don't see Ghoul or Human anymore. All that remains in the large room is a white door.

I strange feeling washes over me seeing this door.

I felt scared, yet also nauseous. But I still walked toward it, and put my hand around the handle. Just as I did this, I felt something on my leg tugging at me. I look down to find another "me" coming out of the ground.

A bunch of "me" suddenly came out of the ground, all of them covered in blood and begging. All saying the same thing.

"I don't want to remember!"

"Keep it closed."

They all grabbed onto me, pulling me into the ground with them. They clawed at my skin, pulling it off and still begged. I scream in pain, kicking them off and reaching for the handle once more.

I grab onto it again, and suddenly Ghoul is standing next to me, the rest of the ones coming out of the floor disappeared instantly. He looked at me with a blank look.

"If you open that door... me, Human... even you won't exists anymore. Are you okay with that? We'll go back to being something... something else." He said, even though he tried to look plain as possible, even he looked like he wanted to stop me.

Human was there also, standing behind me with his arms crossed. "But the curiosity is killing you right? The nagging feeling of forgetting something important."

I nod, and Ghoul sighs.

"Then this was inevitable. Just remember that... these alter ego, or us, we won't exist. There will only ever be one Levin Seto... whether this is for the better or worse will be up to you." Ghoul exclaimed, looking at the door.

"Why... did I forget?" I asked slowly, staring at the door.

"Because of your mind... it was broken, and to fix it it blocked all of the bad out. By doing this, it'll make you remember all those bad things." Human explained, then turned away from me. "It's about time I go. I was never a big part in all this anyway."

Human walked into the blank white world, and I stared at him until he was fully gone from my sight. Ghoul did the same, turning the other way and walking, gone also.

I stood for a long time, staring at the white door. I could hear nothing, feel nothing, all that was there was me and this door. I slowly turn the handle, and push it open, stepping inside.

- - -

"This will be your handler, Seto." Said the escort who had tooken me in the deeper parts of Cochlea. This was about a day after I saw my parents die, and I was captured by the CCG.

Now before me was a man, mostly bald, his beady eyes scanned me, a young boy who was scared. I look to my right and see Arima, the man who had killed my mother in front of me, start to turn and leave with the guards. He had wanted to watch me until I was here.

"I hate you... monster." I said, making him stop and turn to me with a blank expression.

After having a stare off, he turned once more and left, his footsteps echoing. I turn back to the half bald man and he gives me a small smile.

"My name is Goumasa Tokage. It's nice to meet you, Levin. I've heard interesting things." He said.

I didn't answer him, I just stood there with empty eyes. The guards leave, and he leads me into a lab, not a cell. This surprises me, seeing that I had seen some ghouls in cells a moment ago going through the halls.