2nd Anniversary

July 19th... it's their 2nd anniversary.... Kamala took the day off from work, she felt awful, and exhausted. 7:00 am

Doug is holding her and they are laying in bed, "Dougie I don't feel good, I know it's our anniversary, and we were suppose to have a romantic day together but I don't feel like it" as the tears she was trying to hold back were falling down her cheeks.

Doug- "Honey, you're giving me the best present you can and that's our baby, we can celebrate when you are feeling better" Doug gives Kamala a kiss on her forehead.

Kamala- "thank you, I hope I feel better soon, I don't like feeling this way"

Doug- "I know you don't feel like doing much, I would like you to open your present"

Kamala sits up in bed, "of course, I will open it, it's not food is it my tummy doesn't feel good right now, I got sick a few hours ago."

Doug- "no its not food" he hands her a gift bag

Kamala opens the gift bag and she sees there is a jewelry box and she opens it and she sees diamond heart earrings inside the box and there is also a new outfit "aww Dougie,  they are beautiful, when I am feeling better, I will put them on, these ...

Kamala opens the gift bag and she sees there is a jewelry box and she opens it and she sees diamond heart earrings inside the box and there is also a new outfit "aww Dougie, they are beautiful, when I am feeling better, I will put them on, these pjs are beautiful, the way I'm feeling I'm staying in my pj's. I know you want to see me in this as well but it has to wait till I'm feeling better hopefully soon I will wear before it gets too small" gives Doug a kiss

Doug- "when I was shopping a few weeks ago, I saw them, and I had to get them for you, I can't wait to see both of your presents on you, I have another present for you, but it's in the family room, when we get up I will give it to you"

Kamala- "I'm hungry, but I don't know what I want, I got sick earlier."

Doug- "I knew you were sick, remember I was rubbing your back, and I put your hair up in a pony tail, trying to make you feel better, do you know what made sick how about I make you some dry toast."

Kamala- "coffee, when you got up to make coffee like you always do before we go to work, I had some crackers earlier, I remember when Meena and Maya were pregnant, they felt how I feel right now and they had a lot of saltine crackers, and ginger-ale, I will try some toast"

Doug- "Okay, after I make you your toast, I will go to the store, and get you some crackers and ginger-ale, anything else, I won't make anymore coffee here, at least right now"

Kamala- "After I have my toast, I'm going to lay on the couch, I feel awful, but it's worth it for our baby, I have to not drink as much coffee because of the caffeine, I'm going to ask when we have my appointment if I can still have it, I like it, but baby doesn't"

Doug- "yes it is, I want you to feel better, Honey"

Kamala- "yes, I want to feel better too, my appointment is in 3 weeks, at 9:30 am"

Doug- "okay, I'm taking that day off"

Kamala and Doug go into the family room and she goes to sit on the couch, while Doug makes her some toast, and she gets out the gift she got for Doug for their anniversary.

Kamala- "Dougie, come here, and open your present"

Doug comes over and sits next to Kamala on the couch, and opens the gift box she gives him. It's a collage picture frame with pictures of them and the frame says the story of us, and there's the pictures of their first date, from when Doug proposed, their wedding day and from their honeymoon.

Doug- "Honey, I love it, thank you" gives Kamala a kiss, "I want you to watch this video though... while I get your toast". Doug turns on the tv and turns on the dvd for Kamala to watch.

*Flashback to when Doug proposed*

Kamala turns around and she sees Doug was getting down on one knee, with the ring in his pocket, and he reaches for my hand, and I took a deep breath and smiled back

"Kamala, I want you to know that I'll love you forever, You made me a better man since the day I met you and you made me realize that you complete me as of now, I'm ready to spend my life with you. "Kamala Devi Harris... Will you marry me?" She had tears of joy streaming down her cheeks.

Kamala- "Yes!" Doug then placed the ring on her finger "I love you Dougie." Kamala gave Doug a kiss as we held each other closely.

Doug then takes his finger and wipes the tears away, "you're too beautiful to be crying."

~end of flashback~

Doug comes back with her toast, and she's got tears streaming down her cheeks"

Kamala- "when did you record this? you really know how to make your pregnant wife cry"

Doug wipes the tears with his fingers "don't cry, you're too beautiful. I had my iPad on the table when I proposed, I had it recording, then I had it put on a dvd for us. Happy anniversary! I'm going to go and get dressed and go to Target and get you more crackers, peanut butter and ginger-ale, if you need anything else, text or call me"

Kamala- "thanks, I'm going to lay here on the couch, watch tv, maybe take a nap, I'm sleepy, can you get me some shorts, tank tops, and pj's our baby is growing and mine are too small"

Doug- "okay, I will be back soon." and he gives Kamala a kiss on her forehead, what size do you want me to get you, you usually wear size small, and they are too small"

Kamala- "get me a medium/large"

Doug- "okay" love you, and he gives Kamala a kiss, and he also gives her belly a kiss.

45 minutes later ...

Doug comes home, and Kamala is sound asleep on the couch. Doug puts the ginger-ale in the fridge and the crackers on the counter, and the shorts and tank top and pj's in their room and when he comes back he looks over at the couch and he sees that Kamala is starting to wake up.

Doug- "honey how you feel do you want any ginger ale or crackers?"

Kamala- "same as I did when you left, can you hold me and not right now the toast has stayed down though"

Doug sits on the couch and holds Kamala like she asked.

~to be continued~