Grandparents babysitting

I want to thank KamalalovezDoug 4 her help with writing this

~The Next Day~

Kamala and Doug are on the floor with Lexie and Bella doing tummy time, "Dougie, look, Lexie rolled onto her right side now, where last week she was only rolling to her left"

Doug- "good girl Lexie, I knew you could do it"

Kamala- "yay Lexie I knew you could do it"

Doug- "Honey, My mom called yesterday when you were napping, and she wanted to know if her and dad could babysit today and we go out for lunch, just the two of us, I said I would have to ask you and then call her back, what do you think"

Kamala- "we could do that, you can call Barb and tell her yes they can come over and babysit"

Doug- "okay, I will call them now"

Kamala- "okay, can you also get me a burp cloth, and 2 diapers, Lexie and Bella need to be changed"

Doug- "of course"

Lexie starts crying and tries to nurse on Kamala's shoulder.

Kamala- "Lexie, I know you don't want Momala's shoulder, I know your hungry, let me unsnap my tank top"

Kamala unsnaps her strap on her tank top and she has her pillow, and Lexie latches on and starts nursing.

Doug- "wow, look at Lexie, she's hungry"

Kamala- "she is, she was trying to nurse on my shoulder after tummy time"

Doug- "My mom and Dad will be here in an hour, I told mom that you were feeding the babies and then you wanted to take a shower"

Kamala- "thanks, I am"

Doug- "Bella, I don't have any milk on my shoulder, let's give you to Momala she has milk"

Kamala- "Bella, Momala has milk for you"

Doug gives Bella to Kamala

Kamala unsnaps her other strap and puts Bella on her pillow and Bella latches on and starts nursing. "Dougie, where do you want to go to lunch?"

Doug- "The Deli"

Kamala- "okay, we have to tell your mom and dad to use the diaper rash cream, I noticed that Lexie is a little bit red, not as red as she was earlier"

Doug- "okay we will tell them"

Kamala- "Dougie, thank you"

Doug- "what did I do"

Kamala- "taking me out for lunch just the two of us, hopefully during nap time, we can take a shower, that way I won't wake the babies up when you make me scream"

Doug- "can't wait for nap time"

15 minutes later ...

Kamala looks and she sees Lexie is unlatched "Dougie, can I have the burp cloth, Lexie is done with her lunch"

Doug- "let me burp her"

Kamala- "thanks, after Bella's done, I gotta take a quick shower, we will take a longer one during nap time"

Kamala gives Lexie to Doug to burp.

Doug has Lexie on his shoulder with the burp cloth and a few minutes later "that's a good burp Bella, "we gotta get you dressed, Grandma and Grandpa are coming to babysit you and your sister, while Mommy and Daddy go out for lunch"

Lexie smiles

Doug lays Lexie down on the changing pad which is on the table and changes her diaper. "Honey, which outfit is Lexie going to wear"

Kamala- "her Minnie Mouse outfit that your mom and dad got them, I want them to match"

Doug- "okay, which Minnie outfit they have so many."

Kamala- "the pink one that says wild about you"

Doug- "okay, let me get Lexie's diaper on, and snap her onesie, then I'm going to put her in her swing so I can go and get their outfits"

Kamala looks and Bella has unlatched. Kamala snaps up her tank top, she puts the burp cloth on her shoulder and rubs Bella's back and a few minutes later she burps.

Doug has Lexie's diaper on, and her onesie is all snapped. "Honey, I will be right back I'm going to get Bella and Lexie's clothes that you wanted them to wear"

Doug puts Lexie in her bassinet that is in the family room.

Kamala- "thanks, when you get back, I will take a quick shower"

Doug comes back a few minutes with Bella and outfits, and he gets Lexie dressed.

Kamala- "Bella, let's get your diaper changed, and get you dressed Grandma and Grandpa are coming over to babysit you and your sister, while Mommy and Daddy go out for lunch"

Bella smiles

Kamala lays Bella on the changing pad and unsnaps her onesie and changes her diaper, "Bella, it's okay, here's your rattle to hold while Mommy changes your diaper" Kamala takes off Bella's diaper and cleans her with the baby wipes, and then she puts on a clean diaper, her rash cream, and changes her diaper"

Lexie and Bella's outfits

Doug- "Honey, Lexie's all dressed, and she's back on my shoulder, she's trying to decide if she wants to nap, or look around or both"

Kamala- "I know she looks so cute on Daddy's shoulder, and I heard a car door close, your mom and dad"