Talk with Jen

~The Next Day~

~At Kamala and Doug's 7:30 am ~

Kamala and Doug are in bed "Dougie, I want to try and go into the 'real' office today"

Doug- "ok, don't over do it"

Kamala- "I won't I want to tell Jen why I haven't been at work she's one of my best friends, I'm not sure I will even stay all day, but I want to try"

Doug- "if you start feeling not feeling well we are going to come home and you are going to bed"

Kamala- "I promise you that I start to feel sick we will come home, if I get sleepy then I will lay down on my couch that's in my office"

Doug- "sounds good, what are you going to wear I know you said we have to go maternity clothes shopping soon, but you have a few outfits that we already bought"

Kamala- "I'm going to wear my pink long sleeve tee with my grey and white pants with my white flats, it's one of the maternity outfits I bought at Old Navy"

Doug- "ok, I will go and start breakfast and get your vitamins, what would you like for breakfast?"

Kamala- "plain bagel toasted with peanut butter and bananas and chocolate chips, I'm going to take a quick shower and get dressed then I will come in the kitchen for breakfast"

Doug- "ok, that doesn't sound good to me but if that what you and the babies want for breakfast I will make it for you and a bagel and cream cheese for myself. 

15 minutes later...

Kamala comes into the kitchen and sits at the table for breakfast

Doug- "Honey you're adorable in your outfit, and your bagel is ready" gives Kamala a kiss

Kamala- "thanks, can you tell I have a little baby bump, I want to wait a little bit longer before we tell everyone, I'm only going to tell Jen and Jill right now"

Doug- "yes, but I know you do, are we going to tell everyone at work or do you want to wait longer, if you didn't know then it looks like you gained a little. You're adorable and he gives her a kiss and then he bends down and gives her belly a kiss"

Kamala- "thanks"

~9:00 am~

Kamala is at work when her assistant Jen comes into her office.

Jen- "Kamala, are you feeling better, I know you have not been feeling well?"

Kamala- "today I am, Jen can you close the door, I have to tell you something"

Jen gets up and closes the door, "What do you want to tell me"

Kamala- "the reason I haven't been feeling well is I'm pregnant"

Jen- "congratulations! I knew you and Doug were trying"

Kamala- "thanks"

Jen- "that makes sense now why your office door is closed when your here, which isn't much lately, when are you due, how far along are you"

Kamala- "I can't be around the smell of regular coffee, and steak they make me sick, but I can have iced coffee, I'm 12 weeks, I'm due March 12th, I'm not sick as much as I was a few weeks ago, but it really depends on the day as to how I'm feeling"

Jen- "I'm happy for you and Doug, that's good you're not getting sick as much, I have missed you though"

Kamala- "thanks, I have been working a little bit at home, when I feel good, but lately I'm exhausted, sick, or having to pee every 5 minutes, today is the first day I actually have some energy, I missed you too"

Jen- "I'm one of your best friends, I know when something not right, and I was waiting for you to tell me, there has to be something in the water here, because I just came back from maternity leave 3 weeks ago, now your pregnant"

Kamala giggles ... "there must be, I'm sorry I haven't felt like a very good friend lately, today is the my first day in the office since I found out I was pregnant"

Jen- "I know how you feel remember, I had a baby 3 months ago, so don't feel bad, I know how mommy's to be feel, and how new mommy's feel as well, especially having no energy, and I'm getting very little sleep, which is something you get to look forward too"

Kamala- "thank you, Mia's adorable, and our babies will be close together, I normally don't sleep in, but lately that's all I want, usually after Dougie leaves for work, I go back to bed for a few hours, I'm working 3 days right now, I had energy today so that's why I came in, and I wanted to tell you why I haven't been feeling well."

Jen- "Jill and I are going out for lunch, you want come with us?"

Kamala- "I'm hungry, where are you going, then I'm going to go home and take a nap, I need my afternoon nap, growing a baby sucks all of the energy out of you, let me text Dougie and tell him I'm going out for lunch with you and Jill"

Jen- "yes it does Chick -fil- a"

Kamala- "does Jill know, I'm pregnant? I know I haven't been here lately, so I don't know how many people know, Jen, its funny that's where we are going because I have a craving for waffle fries, and chicken nuggets, and I was getting ready to text Dougie and ask him to go and get me some chicken nuggets and waffle fries from Chick - fil- a"

Jen- "now your time to find out, here she is, Hi Jill, do you mind if Kamala comes with us to lunch and please close her door"

Jill- "I don't mind, Kamala, are you feeling better? I know you haven't been feeling well, and there's a rumor going around that you're pregnant?, I don't believe rumors, so I wanted to ask you myself"

Kamala- "it depends on the day, as to how I'm feeling, and yes, I'm 12 weeks"

Jill- "Congrats... I know you and Doug were trying when are you due?"

Kamala- "thanks! we are so excited to be parents, I'm due March 12th"

Jill- "that's 4 days after Maya's birthday"

Kamala- "It is, she's hoping that she will share her birthday with her niece or nephew"

Kamala gets up from her desk, I have to pee, then we can go for lunch"

Jill- "I see a baby bump, are you going to find out or wait will baby's born and be surprised"

Kamala- "yes you do, we are going to find out, but we won't know till the gender reveal party, what we are having."

Jill- "okay."

Kamala, Jill and Jen, then go out for lunch.

Kamala sends Doug a text

I'm going out for lunch with Jen and Jill then I'm going home to take a nap, I'm sleepy, see you when you get home, love you 

Doug texts back 

okay have a good lunch, love you see you at home 

~to be continued~