Dinning Out

Shikamarus pov

"mmm I wove going out!" choji said with his mouth full of steak.

Right now me, choji and ino were having lunch after a long day of training. This usually involved me and ino watching in disbelief while choji ate the whole restaurant out. I usually stay quiet since he's my best friend but ino wasn't having any of it.

"you only enjoy going out because you get to stuff your face full of food" ino said in disgust "geez choji your never going to get a girl at this rate!"

"really ino your bringing up girls?" I raised an eyebrow "we're twelve years old. Why the hell would we be interested in something as troublesome as love?"

"oh come on shikamaru. Don't tell me there isn't someone you're interested in" ino chuckled.

"obviously not" I gave her a deadpaned look "you'll never catch me getting into something as troublesome as lo-" I was caught off by a boy walking through the door.

I was dumbstruck. Long, flowing brown hair and large, intelligent eyes scanning through a book he was reading. I couldn't stop looking at him even once he passed by me. I never seen someone that pretty before.

"shikamaru! Hey are you listening to me!" I was cut out of my thoughts by inos screaming.

"Umm yeah I'm listening" I said quickly.

The two of them stared at me suspiciously "what are you looking at" before I could stop them they peaked behind me to see the long haired boy sitting behind me.

"oh my gosh" inos eyes lit up excitedly "you have a crush on that boy!"

"keep your voice down" I glared at her.

She giggled "man and after all that talk about love being troublesome"

"it is troublesome" I growled while my face turned red.

"you gotta talk to him!" before I could say anything they grabbed me by my arms and dragged me to the boy.

He looked up from his book "can I help you?" he asked politely though I could tell he probably wanted us gone.

"umm well I-"

"my friend thinks you're cute!" ino cut me off.

"ahh don't listen to her" I said covering her mouth "she doesn't know what she's talking about"

"so you don't think I'm cute?" he tilted his head to the side with a smirk on his face. I knew he was messing with me but damn was that attractive!

"umm well for course you are but uhh-"

He giggled adorably "your funny. Do you have a name?"

I turned red "umm it's shikamaru. Shikamaru nara"

"it's nice to meet you nara I'm neji hyuga" he handed me a piece of paper with his number on it "I was feeling pretty miserable so thanks for making me laugh. Perhaps we can talk again sometime" with that he left.

I turned to ino and choji who were bouncing about in excitement. I smiled. I guess I gotta thank them after all!