Nejis Death

Shikamarus pov

I watched as his body fell. The boy that I'd fallen in love with. That I'd been dating for years. That helped me through such hard times was bleeding out in front of me.

"please don't leave me" I whispered as a single tear rolled down my cheek "I love you"

Shikamaru..

Shikamaru...

SHIKAMARU!

I jumped awake at the sound of narutos yelling. I rubbed my head in annoyance. I've been having the same nightmare for two years now. It's like my brain can't accept that he's dead.

"hey shikamaru are you listening to me!" naruto yelled "come on we both promised each other that we'd get up early to study!"

Oh yeah. The two of us have to study in order for naruto to pass as the next hokage.

"yeah yeah I hear you" I grumbled as I got out of bed "how the hell did you get into my house in the first place?"

"oh your mom let me in" naruto shrugged.

"of course she did" I rolled my eyes "now get out I'm changing!"

*time skip*

"argh studying so hard!" naruto whined.

I looked up from my book in annoyance "if it's too hard for you naruto you can always quit"

"no way I'm going to be hokage no matter what!" he declared loudly. I swear this idiots going to get us kicked out of the library!

"oh by the way me and hinatas getting married" naruto said brightly.

"oh congratulations" I muttered, not raising my head from the book.

You wouldn't have anyone to marry if neji hadn't jumped in the way.

I was surprised by that bitter thought that just passed by. It's not their fault that neji died. I'm sure their suffering just as much as I am...

So why do I feel so angry?

"anyway I was hoping that you could be our best ma-"

I stood up suddenly "I have to go"

"ok we can talk later" naruto said, surprised by my sudden actions.

I ran out of the library. Once I was away from people I broke down.

"neji" I sobbed "I miss you. I miss you so much. Why did you have to leave me!"

My sobbing was cut short by someone placing a hand on my shoulder.

"please don't cry sir"