Talking It Out

Tw: insest, pedophile rape, suicidal thoughts, panic attacks

Shikamarus pov

"neji wait!" I yelled as I chased after him. He was surprisingly fast for someone who was limping.

"I like spending time with you. I don't want to lose you"

What did he mean by that? Is his secret that important that he'd cut ties with anyone who found out? Argh I need to find him. I'll never forgive myself if something happens to him!

I found him on the rooftop staring below. It scared the shit out of me for a second.

"neji!" I yelled out.

"relax. I'm not going to jump or anything" he said in a monotone voice "I couldn't kill myself no matter how much I wanted to"

I slowly walked up beside him "whys that"

His eyes widened for a second, as if he was seeing something scary before taking a deep breath "I can't leave hinata with the pain I bear"

"I see. You sound like a good big brother" I smiled at him.

"maybe he smiled shakingly before his eyes went dark "I can't deal with this anymore shikamaru. All the pain. The feeling of his hands running down my body. T-the violation. The h-helplessness I c-" he started breathing really fast. Shit a panic attack!

"easy easy" I said gently as I helped him sit down "just take a couple of deep breaths for me"

He nodded and we sat there for a few minutes just breathing. Once I thought he was calm enough I said...

"I'm not letting you live with that basturd. Your coming to live with me"

"I can't!" he turned to me fearfully "if I did he'd just target hinata and hannabi!"

"don't worry about them" I said gently "I have a female friend named ino who would be happy to take both girls in"

"really?" his eyes became more hopeful.

"really" I nodded "there's always another way neji. You don't have to live in fear anymore"

He nodded and to my surprise hugged me. I didn't hug him back. I wasn't sure how he was around being touched and I didn't want to risk scaring him.

All I want to do is protect him now.