Feeling Safe With You

Shikamarus pov

I collapsed against the sofa with a loud sigh. Neji is the worst roommate! And I don't mean he's a bad roommate as in he wreaks the apartment and plays loud music at two o'clock in the morning! No no what neji dose is much worse!

He doesn't talk to me!

Everyday we walk to school, walk back home, neji gose to work and when he gets back he just goes to his room! I mean we bearly speak a word the entire time.

I let out another loud sigh. I finally got myself a roommate and it still feels like I'm living alone! Argh so troublesome!

Suddenly neji came through the door. He was heading to his room. Oh no you don't!

"hey neji you wanna watch a movie together?" I asked.

He stayed silent for a moment before turning to me with a smile "no thank you shikamaru. I'm a little tired so I'm going to bed early. Goodnight" with one polite bow he left.

I punched the sofa in frustration. That's its I've had enough! I marched into his bedroom and what I saw shook me to my core.

It was neji with his shirt off covered in dark purple burses.

I look at him with consern in my eyes. I mean it's pretty clear that someone's hurting him.

"neji what happe-"

"stop don't look at me!" he covered himself with his t-shirt "I don't want anyone to see me this way" he was trembling. Dear god he looked so scared. Like a deer caught in the headlights .

I slowly got down on my knees. He whimpered and backed away nervously.

"easy baby it's ok. I'm not going to hurt you" I said softly "just tell me who's hurting you darling. I don't want anything bad to happen my roommate"

He let out a shaky breath "my uncle l. He would constantly beat me whenever he got the chance. I don't know why he hated me so much!" poor kid was choking on his tears at this point.

I pulled him into a hug. He let out a frightened yelp "shhh easy baby you did nothing wrong. I'm not going to hurt you. I promise your safe with me"

He clung to me and cried into my chest. I gently petted his soft hair. I felt awful for the poor boy but at least I can understand my roommate better.

"now are you sure you don't want to watch a movie with me" I smiled down at him.

"o-ok" he said wiping his tears away.

I picked him up and carried him to the sofa. He snuggled into my chest while I put on a random movie. After a while he fell asleep in my arms. I looked down at him feeling protective.

This time neji I'm going to look out for you!